Iíve seen interest on the forums in comparing the MTG-B1000 to the GWR-B1000. I ordered both to see which one I wanted.
Thoughts on GWR-B1000
- Uses a newer, more advanced module
- Dedicated light button
- For MTG you canít use the light in stopwatch or Timer mode
- Beeps sound on stopwatch and timer operations. Beeps are good.
- Bigger, less clutter dials are easier to see
- Modern, lighter, simpler construction.
- Light = more comfortable
- More rust resistance
- More scratch resistance: From what Iíve read carbon wears pretty good
- Better strap: Carbon fibre should make it last longer
- Exposed textured crown mildly irritates the back of my hand
- Questionable strap connection: looks like plastic parts connecting the strap to the watch.. doesnít look high quality.
- Kinda looks like a toy.. especially compared to the MTG. While the white hour markers make it easier to see the time in the dark, itís lacking sophistication.
Thoughts on the MTG-B1000
- Was this really the first Carbon Guard Core? Since its core guard is made of carbon?
- More solid construction: itís heavier but everything feels solid.
- Gorgeous. In person itís smaller and looks better than the photos.
- Smaller, cluttered dial can make it harder to see things like stopwatch timeís minutes.
- Concerns about scratches, especially with IP coating. I do a lot of outdoor activities and have already destroy some of my old g shocks (rangeman 9400 being the latest casualty.. strap is cracking off).
On paper the GWR-B1000 is a better watch. Easier to see, better functionality, more modern materials, more scratch resistance, overall more comfortable. But compared to the MTG the GWR just looks like a toy while the MTG looks like jewelry. The MTG looks gorgeous and sophisticated. It brings out the lust and almost makes you forget all its short coming. So Iím leaning towards the MTG.