Composite Bracelet Opinions
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By GaryK30
  • 1 Post By ET8341
  • 2 Post By zaratsu
  • 1 Post By StephenWatch

Thread: Composite Bracelet Opinions

Composite Bracelet Opinions

I am interested in purchasing a new 5600 Bluetooth model but have found that all of them have the composite bracelet. I am really unsure if I like the composite bracelet. It seems to me that the metal clasp will get all scratched-up when I am typing on laptops that have an aluminum case. Other casio watches that I currently own have the plastic (resin?) band and I don't have to worry about this issue. I am worried that the composite band will look like crap with scratches and dings in less than one year. I would really appreciate opinions and what your experiences have been with the composite bracelet. Do you love it, hate it, or just tolerate it?

Thanks.

Re: Composite Bracelet Opinions

There is a version with blue accents that has a resin strap.

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-gw...resin-squares/
    kubr1ck likes this.

I loved the composite bracelet I had.

You're about scratching the clasp though. However, I have developed a natural instinct to never rub my bracelet against anything now......so just do that.

Years of wearing watches that you value starts to make you very conscious of keeping them out of harms way. If I see someone resting their watch down against a desk or a laptop, I cringe.
    nkwatchy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently received my first G-Shock with composite bracelet (GW-B5600HR) and I'm enjoying it more than I expected to. Takes a few minutes initially to size it with a springbar tool, but after that, having the near perfect fit every time you strap it on is nice (having 4 levels of micro-adjustment helps.)

I don't know how well the clasp will hold up in the long term, but it's a G-Shock, and IMO they look better with some wear and tear on them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Time4Playnow and TheTy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ET8341 View Post

You're about scratching the clasp though. However, I have developed a natural instinct to never rub my bracelet against anything now......so just do that.

Years of wearing watches that you value starts to make you very conscious of keeping them out of harms way. If I see someone resting their watch down against a desk or a laptop, I cringe.
    So true! Office desks, in particular, are usually really bad for watches, as they are often made of composite materials which are particularly scratchy.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I have had a square with a composite bracelet for 10 years and whilst I only have a desk job and was always conscious of not scraping the clasp it still looked clean, the coating is very durable.
    I have just sold my 2009 GW-5600BC to replace it with a GW-B5600HR.
    I think the pros which include comfort, ease of use and adding some “heft” to the 5600 far outweigh the cons, ie; cost and likelihood that you may scratch it at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ET8341 View Post

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ho...g-4745927.html
    sirgilbert357 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    That's a decent looking way to protect a black clasp. I think TRYING to protect it would cause me more stress than just accepting the fact that it WILL eventually get wear on the coating though LOL. I can see both viewpoints: I love a black watch that shows wear on its finish (and Casio's Aged IP full metal square shows theres a market for that kind of thing), but I also love the way black coated stuff looks when it's brand new and I can understand someone wanting to keep it that way.

The only solution is to buy two! One to wear and one to keep pristine, lol.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Not had my composite long enough to say how it will wear but it scores full marks in the comfort department as far as I’m concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchGeek View Post
    I am interested in purchasing a new 5600 Bluetooth model but have found that all of them have the composite bracelet. I am really unsure if I like the composite bracelet. It seems to me that the metal clasp will get all scratched-up when I am typing on laptops that have an aluminum case. Other casio watches that I currently own have the plastic (resin?) band and I don't have to worry about this issue. I am worried that the composite band will look like crap with scratches and dings in less than one year. I would really appreciate opinions and what your experiences have been with the composite bracelet. Do you love it, hate it, or just tolerate it?

Thanks.
    Don't make the composite bracelet hinders you from owning a B5600. You can easily replace it with GW-5000 band. Then you can sell the composite bracelet (it is more than $140 US at Pacparts).

Thread Information