Confused with Auto DST and Time zone

Thread: Confused with Auto DST and Time zone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused with Auto DST and Time zone

I feel really silly but I live in Toronto Ontario, which is the same time zone as NYC, which I use as my city. When I try to use Auto DST my Casio is an hour late. I have to manually set to DST. What am I missing ? Have I done something in the wrong order ?

Re: Confused with Auto DST and Time zone

Same issue here. If I set Rome (my Time Zone) and DST on Auto, it is 1 hour late. But setting DST to ON, no problem.

If the watch can't receive the signal then auto DST won't work. So in places where the signal is weak it's better to manually set DST to on/off.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Sedi,

So if I set Auto DST and then sync with the time signal I'll be okay ! I'll give it a try, didn't know it worked like that. Thank you.

hello, I just had this question over the weekend. If you would like to read.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/incorrect-world-time-what-did-i-do-wrong-690437.html

Long story short, what possibly happen is this. In NYC or other major city with bad connection. We set our DST to AUTO. Because our DST didn't get signal, we manually moved our time 1 hour forward leaving DST stay AUTO (unchanged). Then WT got +1 on cities due to our manually changed time. What we should of done is not to manually change the time but to switch the DST to ON/OFF instead.

Quote Originally Posted by satwar View Post
    I feel really silly but I live in Toronto Ontario, which is the same time zone as NYC, which I use as my city. When I try to use Auto DST my Casio is an hour late. I have to manually set to DST. What am I missing ? Have I done something in the wrong order ?
    When Auto DST is showing the wrong time, it means the watch hasn't yet synced since the DST date. Atomic syncing is very much a touch and go affair affected by and dependent on many variables.

Quote Originally Posted by satwar View Post
    Hi Sedi,

So if I set Auto DST and then sync with the time signal I'll be okay ! I'll give it a try, didn't know it worked like that. Thank you.
    exactly

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    exactly

cheers, Sedi
    Worked like a charm. I've struggled for years trying get that to work. Thank you so much. :)))

My question is a little related to this, well, our timezone is singapore time, I don't have an atomic model, singapore and new york time has a 12 hour differnce, so if its 12pm here its 12am in NY, so my problem is if DST is off,SG time is correct,but if I check NY on world time, its off by 1hour, if on, its 2 hours, I can't figure it out...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

@biskwit
    Easy: turn off DST on your hometime (SG doesn't observe DST) and turn on DST on NYC in worldtime mode.

Cheers, Sedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information