WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Confused..difference between these 2 MTG models!!!

6K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Boomer... 
#1 ·
Looking to pick up a MTG model for casual/weekend stuff.

Noticed Amazon has 2 different models with different price tags yet they look the same.
MTG 900- DA8
Casio Men's MTGM900DA-8 G-Shock Stainless Steel Multi-Function Digital Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

MTG900DA-8V
Casio Men's MTG900DA-8V G-Shock MT-G Atomic Tough Solar Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Description looks identical so I'm not sure if its one of those "made in japan" factor that makes one model more expensive than the other :-s. Both seem solar/atomic so not sure what the differences are.

Thanks!

#3 ·
You can do a forum (or google) search, but think you'll find that MTGM900DA-8 is the subsequent model that features countdown mode. For me, combo of build quality, style and overall features had me reaching for my credit card for that Amazon deal...

#6 · (Edited)
With due respect, negatory...

Similar watch that pops up on Amazon but at higher net price is prior model MTG900DA-8V which does not have countdown feature as does model OP is interested (and I own). BTW, date code on mine translates to mfd batch date April 2013, so is/was the current product offering...

Reactions: GShockMe
#11 ·
I tried one on at the mall last week... really nice watch! (The band was long, but I think you can take out extra links.) Reminded me a lot of my GWM500a, but in a heavier package.
If anyone buys a watch like these with metal bracelet links needing removal (as I did - 2 per side), best to also buy a Swiss made "Bergeon 6767-f Watch Band Tool" if you don't already own one to avoid marring the finish with scratches. I quickly determined that my cheap Harbor Freight watch repair kit fork tool was too large for the job, so bought the Bergeon tool from an online retailer for USD $17.50 plus a few $$ for postage and avoided any damage to my new MTGM900DA-8. :-!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.