Confused..difference between these 2 MTG models!!!
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Confused..difference between these 2 MTG models!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Confused..difference between these 2 MTG models!!!

Looking to pick up a MTG model for casual/weekend stuff.

Noticed Amazon has 2 different models with different price tags yet they look the same.
    MTG 900- DA8
    Casio Men's MTGM900DA-8 G-Shock Stainless Steel Multi-Function Digital Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

MTG900DA-8V
    Casio Men's MTG900DA-8V G-Shock MT-G Atomic Tough Solar Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Description looks identical so I'm not sure if its one of those "made in japan" factor that makes one model more expensive than the other . Both seem solar/atomic so not sure what the differences are.

Thanks!

Re: Confused..difference between these 2 MTG models!!!

I agree, they look identical (though the item number is slightly different). However, since the MSRP of this watch is $160 (MTGM900DA-8 - Classic - Mens Watches | Casio - G-Shock), it is almost guaranteed that the $95 one is the right one. My local Walmart is also selling that same watch for around the same price ($95). Anyway, I hope this helped.

You can do a forum (or google) search, but think you'll find that MTGM900DA-8 is the subsequent model that features countdown mode. For me, combo of build quality, style and overall features had me reaching for my credit card for that Amazon deal...
    G-Shocks: GWA1000-1A, GW-M5610SD-8JF, MTGM900DA-8
    Pathfinders: PAW2000-1, PAG40-3V

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys!

Will order the xxxx- DA-8 (cheaper one) from Amazon a little later tonight...of course, once the wife is sleeping .
    G-fob likes this.

I think they are the same watch. Just different sellers. The $160 is probably the inflated price when the supply lacks behind the demand.

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    I think they are the same watch. Just different sellers. The $160 is probably the inflated price when the supply lacks behind the demand.
    With due respect, negatory...

Similar watch that pops up on Amazon but at higher net price is prior model MTG900DA-8V which does not have countdown feature as does model OP is interested (and I own). BTW, date code on mine translates to mfd batch date April 2013, so is/was the current product offering...
    Last edited by Boomer...; August 27th, 2013 at 05:36.
    GShockMe likes this.
    G-Shocks: GWA1000-1A, GW-M5610SD-8JF, MTGM900DA-8
    Pathfinders: PAW2000-1, PAG40-3V

They have different modules.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer... View Post
    Similar watch that pops up on Amazon but at higher net price is prior model MTG900DA-8V which does not have countdown feature as does model OP is interested (and I own).
    Oh.. Thanks for the clarification. I do miss the M in the latest model name. And that is a good upgrade because I think MTG900 is almost the perfect digital watch except the lack of the CDT. I like its big number and current time in all modes. I should check this one out.

So it makes sense now. The MTG900 is no longer in production so the price is high. The newer MTGM900 is current so the price is more competitive.

Edit. I just read through its spec. Too bad, the time memory is gone. I bet some users will miss it.
    Last edited by GShockMe; August 27th, 2013 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    Oh.. Thanks for the clarification. I do miss the M in the latest model name. And that is a good upgrade because I think MTG900 is almost the perfect digital watch except the lack of the CDT. I like its big number and current time in all modes. I should check this one out.

So it makes sense now. The MTG900 is no longer in production so the price is high. The newer MTGM900 is current so the price is more competitive.

Edit. I just read through its spec. Too bad, the time memory is gone. I bet some users will miss it.
    i will miss it! its got a few uses around my household, time memo is great for keeping track of meds for my son, keeping track of how much time i work on my car(so i can prove to the governor that i DO spend more time in the house than out haha).
    its too bad they couldn't have kept time memo and added a CDT.

I tried one on at the mall last week... really nice watch! (The band was long, but I think you can take out extra links.) Reminded me a lot of my GWM500a, but in a heavier package.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information