Considering G100-9CM - Lume question
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Considering G100-9CM - Lume question

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Considering G100-9CM - Lume question

Greetings all,
    I'm considering this G, it's the one with the yellow hour hand and yellow text on bezel. From the research I did it looks like the version with the red hour hand / text has lume on hands and numbers and on this yellow version it is only the hands? Does anybody have this watch and know? Lume shot?

Re: Considering G100-9CM - Lume question

Sorry no Lume shot. I had one but flipped it about 6 months ago. Nice small to medium size G however the lume was abysmal. Put my full sized led mag light on it for 60 seconds before bed and the analog dial was unreadable within 10 minutes. Not even remotely close to seiko or citizen lume. I’ve always wondered why Casio has not kept up with advances in luminous paint tech. The ga800 is a huge upgrade to the g100. Still weak lume on the hands but a nice led to illuminate the dial.

Oh yeah. There is lume on the hands and the markers. Both pretty poor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Casio lume is notoriously poor
    StephenWatch likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DingoDave View Post
    Oh yeah. There is lume on the hands and the markers. Both pretty poor.
    Thanks DingoDave. Good to know that this version of the watch at least has it. I was thnking maybe since it is a newer model they may have improved the lume quality. I have a Japan only Casio (non-G) that I recently bought and the lume is surprisingly good. I can still read the time in total darkness 4-5 hours later when I wake up.

Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  1.33 MB
    Dxnnis, DingoDave and Prdrers like this.

Sorry no Lume shot. I had one but flipped it about 6 months ago. Nice small to medium size G however the lume was abysmal. Put my full sized led mag light on it for 60 seconds before bed and the analog dial was unreadable within 10 minutes. Not even remotely close to seiko or citizen lume. I’ve always wondered why Casio has not kept up with advances in luminous paint tech. The ga800 is a huge upgrade to the g100. Still weak lume on the hands but a nice led to illuminate the dial.
    Also I really like the look of the G100 better than the ga800. And it looks like the ga800 is significantly bigger too.... not good for my whimpy 6 inch wrist....

You answered your own question. They have other means of telling the time in the dark.

The lume on the Oceanus line is supposedly pretty good. So they do know how to do it right...they just don't.

Get the GA800, it looks good on all wrists

The G100 has horrible lume and having to set both the analog and digital separate blows

The GA800 by contrast has one of the most clearest digital displays in the G-Shock line. So crisp and if you set the digital section, the analog section follows.
    kcohS-G likes this.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    Get the GA800, it looks good on all wrists

The G100 has horrible lume and having to set both the analog and digital separate blows

The GA800 by contrast has one of the most clearest digital displays in the G-Shock line. So crisp and if you set the digital section, the analog section follows.
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

Casio lume is as been mentioned ... weak.
    It shines right off the bat but later declines rapidly. Digital part of the watch has EL so that not major problem.
    Model in question has lumed 9,12,3 and markers between.
    I think i posted one time lume shot but can't find it.
    I don't see any problem with digital part of G100. Big "bold" digits and it clear as Casio in budget section can be.
    It is for smaller wrists.
    For sure G100 is a "Very proven" read old module from late 90s or early 2000s with all thinking of the time.
    Most of the time i don't have much problem with it, just in 2-3 months i need to re set time and it includes both analog and digital parts thus extra time.
    You never buy G100 for it's technological advances you buy it for vintage vibe, small wrist friendly sizing of watch and band and because you like the look. It's a watch for people who need just a watch which can take a beating.
    Name:  20181009_135537.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  65.1 KB
    Name:  SAM_1215 sm.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  73.4 KB
    Name:  SAM_1242 sm.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  71.5 KB
    Last edited by Rocket1991; 2 Weeks Ago at 17:24.
    It should be special!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast