Consistent Atomic Synching During DST
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Consistent Atomic Synching During DST

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused Consistent Atomic Synching During DST

I've been meaning to ask this forum if anyone has experienced more consistent atomic synchronization during DST than standard time?

Since the beginning of the last ST, my 5600j was synching MAYBE once every two weeks. Now that we're on DST again, it will sync nearly every night. What gives? I've checked the time that it receives the signal and it's usually not the first or last attempt, so I don't know why a 1 hour change would make a difference. I feel like it would have to be environmental, but I don't know what other DST/ST signals would cause interference.

So, has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Consistent Atomic Synching During DST

Propagation shifts over time, the time change vs scheduled synching attempts may be more favorable. This can change.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Syncing is affected by atmospheric conditions.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sunspots.

Ω Omega Constellation Perpetual Calendar
    Ω Omega Seamaster Professional
    Ω Connie f300 Electronic
    Mixa Automatic
    Casio Chronograph World Cup 2006 Edition
    Casio G-Shock Frogman GF-1000-1DR
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-3CR
    Seiko SKX781 Orange Monster

We are on Standard time now....DST is summer time. Doesn't make any difference to syncing which automatically occurs after midnight. For manual sync, the Sun sets an hour earlier now and that will reduce Sun interference prior to midnight.

Sync will not occur around the time the Sun sets and rises, too much radio signal interference
    Last edited by yankeexpress; December 6th, 2014 at 05:47.
    Rocat and gripmaster like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Quote Originally Posted by yankeexpress View Post
    We are on Standard time now....DST is summer time. Doesn't make any difference to syncing which automatically occurs after midnight. For manual sync, the Sun sets an hour earlier now and that will reduce Sun interference prior to midnight.

Sync will not occur around the time the Sun sets and rises, too much radio signal interference
    Whoops, yeah you're right. Derp. But the day after it switched to standard time, my watch started syncing again every night. I'm a confused as to why the time switch would affect this as well. Maybe it's not correlated, but one sync every two weeks as compared to one every night is more than anecdotal evidence of something changing.

Quote Originally Posted by form View Post
    Whoops, yeah you're right. Derp. But the day after it switched to standard time, my watch started syncing again every night. I'm a confused as to why the time switch would affect this as well. Maybe it's not correlated, but one sync every two weeks as compared to one every night is more than anecdotal evidence of something changing.
    One person with one watch is far too small of a sample size. Has anything else changed, like the location of where your watch is when it synchs? Did you rearrange your watch collection the night of the time change and move some other metal-bodied watches closer or farther away from where your GW-5600J sits?

All eight of my atomic G's synch every night, usually right at 12:04 or 1:04, so the time change didn't affect their reception at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    One person with one watch is far too small of a sample size. Has anything else changed, like the location of where your watch is when it synchs? Did you rearrange your watch collection the night of the time change and move some other metal-bodied watches closer or farther away from where your GW-5600J sits?

All eight of my atomic G's synch every night, usually right at 12:04 or 1:04, so the time change didn't affect their reception at all.

I meant more than anecdotal for my watch. I don't recall exactly when it stopped syncing, but it definitely started syncing consistently again the day we switched to ST. And when it wasn't syncing, I tried many different locations with no success. Oh well, thanks for your experience!

Try to wear the watch during sleep and see if it syncs. This was happening to me tried to find a spot where i think my hand is during sleep. I finally found the spot and put the watch above my head with an angle looking at the east on the bed head and it syncs every night regardless the weather conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by nmitr11 View Post
    Try to wear the watch during sleep and see if it syncs. This was happening to me tried to find a spot where i think my hand is during sleep. I finally found the spot and put the watch above my head with an angle looking at the east on the bed head and it syncs every night regardless the weather conditions.
    I found that wearing it to bed was the most consistent syncing method. But, it stopped syncing months ago even when I was wearing it to bed. I thought it was strange that it didn't sync for a few days, then a few days turned into weeks. It wasn't until we "fell back" again that it started syncing nearly every night regardless of whether I wear it to bed or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information