Copying of photograhs

View Poll Results: Should using of other people's photographs be allowed in the sales corner?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Should post own photographs so as not to mislead potential buyers.

14 58.33%
  • Should not post own photographs (ie. allowed to lift wholesale from others)

1 4.17%
  • Should at least seek permission from owner.

9 37.50%

Thread: Copying of photograhs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Copying of photograhs

Hi Guys,

How many of you think that when you want to sell something in the sales corner of WUS, actual photographs of your watch should be posted?

I got very upset when someone copied my photographs for his sales post this morning.

The person also posted the photograph of my watch with my unique watch serial number:

Please vote.

Thanks and Regards,
    SKy
    8:52am
    25/09/2006

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Copying of photograhs

I've had this happen to me more times than I care to remember. I think it impolite and clearly a breach of etiquette.

That said, I don't see it as the "crime of the century" you seem to be making of it. If this is the worse "violation" you ever suffer, I'd consider myself fortunate.
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper
    I've had this happen to me more times than I care to remember. I think it impolite and clearly a breach of etiquette.

That said, I don't see it as the "crime of the century" you seem to be making of it. If this is the worse "violation" you ever suffer, I'd consider myself fortunate.
    Hi Xtrooper,

I think that the person should at least seek permission from me first.

Furthermore from a buyers point of view. Let say if you're the buyer. You saw that post and thought that you will be getting that watch with that particular serial number. However after receiving the watch, the serial number is different, how will you feel?

Serial number might not appear important to you, how about to the rest?

Furthermore i made an effort to take photograpahs and share them here in the hope that people who want to copy my works must at least PM to inform me etc.

Lastly he should not copy wholesale. The person actually copied and posted the serial number of my watch.

I believe this will mislead buyers and is not a good business etiquette.

Regards,
    SKy

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with you Sky, 100%....

Early on, I made the mistake O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| O| of posting a fine gentleman's photo, without first asking his permission. In my case, it was a photo of the actual watch, but taken by the gentleman before he sold it to me, but that didn't give me a license to post his photo. The only correct thing to do was for me to ask the photographer first, and then follow his decision either way.

Sky, I hope you don't get discouraged by this transgression, by the Real Black seller. I knew the photo was yours within a millisecond, based on the wrist shot. You inspire may, including me, with your passion and your knowledge.

Sincerely, Eric (e-Man)

I'd be a little mad if that happened to me (actually maybe kinda flattered :-X), but you shouldn't make such a big deal out of it (a poll???? what for???).

What's the big deal with serial numbers anyway? It's just... a number... unless it has some kind of combination and you want that exact serial for some odd reason, maybe four digits match your social security or something crazy like that?

Quote Originally Posted by XTrooper
    That said, I don't see it as the "crime of the century" you seem to be making of it.
    Agree with that

Banned

I guess I would have a problem with a seller using someone else's picture if the item he was selling had defects or damage to the watch that he didn't mention in the description. If he used the picture to try and conceal something wrong, that is not a good thing. I've received watches that were described as "Slightly used, near mint condition" blah blah blah and gotten watches with HUGE scratches on the face, cracked or bands ready to fall apart. Luckily when I contacted them about it they returned my payment, but you would like to know that what is being described is what is in the picture. Just my opinion, for what it's worth .

Quote Originally Posted by skyhook
    Hi Guys,

How many of you think that when you want to sell something in the sales corner of WUS, actual photographs of your watch should be posted?

I got very upset when someone copied my photographs for his sales post this morning.

The person also posted the photograph of my watch with my unique watch serial number:

Please vote.

Thanks and Regards,
    SKy
    8:52am
    25/09/2006
    I believe if you can't take the time to make actuall photo's of the item being sold,then you should not be selling it at all. I also believe someone buying something that they saw a copied picture of would be severely mislead. Have some cooth,make your own pictures.

I have seen my pictures several times on eBay. If there is no directed from the seller, specially when I don't know him, I ask the seller at least to tell it is not his watch. Actually it's a long time this happened to me the last time, since many people now own a digital camera. For sales posts and auctions I prefer original pictures of the watch I'm bidding/buying. I voted at least seek permission, with side note it has to be stated in the add that it's not the actual watch!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Hi Guys,

I made this poll in the hope that maybe the moderators can add a remark to the rules in the sales forum (ie. actual photographs of the watch for sale should be posted so as not to mislead potential buyers.)

What do you people think?

Regards,
    SKy

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSolar
    I'd be a little mad if that happened to me (actually maybe kinda flattered :-X), but you shouldn't make such a big deal out of it (a poll???? what for???).

What's the big deal with serial numbers anyway? It's just... a number... unless it has some kind of combination and you want that exact serial for some odd reason, maybe four digits match your social security or something crazy like that?

Agree with that
    Hi,

Serial numbers may not be important to you, how about to other buyers? I believe many people will want to purchase the exact watch stated for sale.

Regards,
    SKy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information