Correct Spring Bar for V2 Combi installed on GWM5610-1

Thread: Correct Spring Bar for V2 Combi installed on GWM5610-1

Correct Spring Bar for V2 Combi installed on GWM5610-1

I'm attempting to install the combi bracelet from the GW-B5600BC-1 on a GW-M5610-1 and I've come to the conclusion that while it is possible there is some debate to as which spring bar to use, that being the 19mm bar that is installed by default on the GWB5600BC vs the 20mm that is used on the GWM5610-1.

Following a thorough search of the results on this forum, I'm under the impression both would fit although with some caveats.

1- The diameter of the 20mm spring bar from the stock resin strap 5610 is "thicker" than that of the 19mm combi springbar, and as such it will be a much tighter fit in the end link of the combi.

2- Using the correct spring bar for the combi bracelet (19mm) allows an easier installation on the 5610, and less tension on the end link due to the slight difference in diameter, but at the same time the lugs from the 5610 are designed to use a 20mm spring bar and as such might cause premature wear of the resin lugs due to the fact it's shorter @ 19mm.

I'm leaning towards using the 20mm resin spring bars as that's what the lugs from the 5610 are designed to use but worry it might be too stiff. In hindsight the 19mm with the smaller diameter might be the better bet.

This thread seems to indicate even with the 19mm spring bars there's some fitting / tolerance issues :
    "even with these spring bars they aren't 100% a perfect fit. They are perfectly in place and locked into the holes and they aren't going to come out but if I look carefully there is a very slight bow to the spring bars and they aren't dead straight."

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/co...l#post48918087

Which would be the best option? I can source additional 19mm spring bars or use the stock 5610 resin strap spring bars.

Thanks for any input here!
    Last edited by Khronik; 1 Day Ago at 18:34.

Thread Information