Could I polish the gold GMW-B5000GD-9 to get a chrome finish instead of satin?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nick h.

Thread: Could I polish the gold GMW-B5000GD-9 to get a chrome finish instead of satin?

Could I polish the gold GMW-B5000GD-9 to get a chrome finish instead of satin?

Is this feasible? I really like the shiny chrome finish of the GMW-B5000TFG-9 but the prices are crazy. Anyway the reversed display of the GD-9 is nicer IMHO. If it was super shiny I could pretend it was the $70,000 solid gold one. What if I just sit there polishing away with Solvol Autosol or something....would anything happen?

Actually I'll probably get the solid gold one pretty soon, because it's definitely my turn to win the lottery.
    Dxnnis likes this.

Re: Could I polish the gold GMW-B5000GD-9 to get a chrome finish instead of satin?

Quote Originally Posted by nick h. View Post
    Is this feasible? I really like the shiny chrome finish of the GMW-B5000TFG-9 but the prices are crazy. Anyway the reversed display of the GD-9 is nicer IMHO. If it was super shiny I could pretend it was the $70,000 solid gold one. What if I just sit there polishing away with Solvol Autosol or something....would anything happen?
    What you’ll get with polishing is a silver GMW-B5000D. The “gold“ color is merely a thin layer that covers the stainless steel case. Polishing will remove that layer.

Re: Could I polish the gold GMW-B5000GD-9 to get a chrome finish instead of satin?

If you were able to remove all the gold you would just end up with a stainless steel finish.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Good info, thanks guys.

Thread Information