Could I wear a 6900 G?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Could I wear a 6900 G?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Could I wear a 6900 G?

Let me start off by apologizing for so many posts! I've noticed that I've been posting quite often only because I've recently gotten into Gs so I have quite a few questions :/

Okay, so I was thinking about getting a G-Shock Mini, but sadly the one I want is only available in japan $110 is quite expensive for a full-time student like me, but my uncle wants to reward me something for doing so well in school lately so I was thinking that Mini. But it's sold by OGT-Clan which is located in Tokyo..Japan.. so I don't want to deal with customs and all that. Which is why I'm asking if I could wear a 6900 G?

Would the 6900 fit a 5.75 inch wrist without looking all bulky? Because I really like the dw6900nb-7, not just because Eminem wore it, but because I like the blue EL light with the black face and white bezel.

I've never seen a girl wear a G-Shock before so would it be weird to see a girl wearing a G?

Thanks Everyone! Your time helping me out is greatly appreciated! I'll try to cut back on posting so much haha.

-Kbaby-g

Re: Could I wear a 6900 G?

This is my opinion entirely - I think women can get away more with wearing bigger watches than men. I was in Vegas over the weekend and while lining up in a buffet (of course) there was this lady wearing a GX56. It was a big watch on a small lady, but it didn't look out of place. I'm in the process of selling my last 6600 pieces (same size as the 6900) because I just can't wear it without me looking like a little boy with this big watch. I have a 6.75 wrist. Maybe I'm just getting too old.
    seiko · orient · citizen · casio · timex · rolex · omega · victorinox · apple watch

Children need your help. Please share your blessings...
    GiveDirect -
    https://www.givedirectly.org/
    UNICEF - http://
    www.unicefusa.org
    CARITAS -
    http://www.caritas.org/
    NO KID HUNGRY -
    http://www.nokidhungry.org/
    Save The Children - http://www.savethechildren.org/

I think you will be fine with a 6900. I gave my purple solar 6900 to a girlfriend of mine and it looks just fine on her less than 6inch wrist.

Here is a very bad cell phone pic of it on her, but you get the idea. I think a 6900 looks hot on a girl!

Name:  Unnamed.jpg
Views: 2000
Size:  79.5 KB
    sharkfin and teaman2004 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Suspended

Trust me, I've seen elementary school kids wearing 6900's. If they could pull it off, I'm sure you can. It'd look good on a girl I think, plus the fact that it's white makes it look even better. But it's all about what you want. If you like it and think it looks good on you, then go for it. But since you're unsure about it's size, I would try to buy it in person so you can try it on first instead of buying it online and being disappointed with it's size (it's happened to me). But it's all on you, if you like it and want it, then go ahead!

As long as it is comfortable to you I say go for it. I would also pop into any local store that sells the 6900 and try one on first before you order the MM version. They pretty much all fit the same so that will give you an idea if it will feel good on your wrist.

I have seen plenty of girls wearing full size G's including the cashier at the local PetSmart who was wearing a white 6900 with a balck dial last week. I would have got a pic for the "In the wild" thread but I didn't have my phone on me, lol

My sister(5-6 inch wrist) wore my 6900 and it looked great on her, big but still good, size doesn't matters, if you are comfortable with it just wear it. You can go to the store and try it on :)
    Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by urbrainwashed View Post
    I think you will be fine with a 6900. I gave my purple solar 6900 to a girlfriend of mine and it looks just fine on her less than 6inch wrist.

Here is a very bad cell phone pic of it on her, but you get the idea. I think a 6900 looks hot on a girl!

Name:  Unnamed.jpg
Views: 2000
Size:  79.5 KB
    That purple g is hot!

Lots of girls wear G's, colorful ones even more so.
    They look good on girls too.

Go for it.

Women can wear watches in a 'bangle-type' way better than men, which kind of changes the game. Try it.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Women can wear watches in a 'bangle-type' way better than men, which kind of changes the game. Try it.
    bangle-type?

Anyway I think that by wearing a large sized mans watch it signals a modern and strong and independent woman. So it can be sexy...

I have seen some women wear DW-6900 watches. Also I have a memory of a moment back in 2006 when I saw a super model beautiful woman walking down Nissi beach in Cyprys, and she was wearing a DW-004 G-Shock that are similar in size to a DW-6900 and I think that watch made her look even better and she had slim wrists. She just looked so confident and the watch signaled that too..
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    bangle-type?
    Yes, loose, able to slide up against the hand.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information