Couple of specific G-Shock Questions...
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Couple of specific G-Shock Questions...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couple of specific G-Shock Questions...

I inherited a G-Shock from my father, who purchased it when he was on vacation in Hawaii.

Can anyone tell me the specific model number of this G-Shock? I have nothing but the watch itself.

More important: Can I run a Rhino band, of something similar, thru it? I'm not fond of the plastic band that comes with it.

Thanks!

Re: Couple of specific G-Shock Questions...

Quote Originally Posted by johnstevens View Post
    I inherited a G-Shock from my father, who purchased it when he was on vacation in Hawaii.

Can anyone tell me the specific model number of this G-Shock? I have nothing but the watch itself.

More important: Can I run a Rhino band, of something similar, thru it? I'm not fond of the plastic band that comes with it.

Thanks!
    John, first welcome to the forum. I think it is a DW-003, because I have one like it that I dyed purple. You can wear it on a Rhino if you like, because the band just slips out. One problem I have found with wearing these types of watches on Rhino or Maratac or NATO bands is that the opening in the band holder on the watch is thicker than the band itself, so the watch tends to move around unless you have the band cinched down fairly tight. I wear mine fairly loose, so this is a problem for me.

I just changed the battery in mine, with directions found in the How To section. One of the fine gentlemen on there, named Sjors, has put together a great tutorial if you need to change it.

Hope this helps. It ought to have a lot of life left in it and since it came from your dad, it's something that probably means a lot to you.

Regards from Texas,

Larry C

Wink Re: Couple of specific G-Shock Questions...

Hi John,

Welcome to our forum. Larry is very close, but it's a DW-9000S model (sorry Larry). They look very like the DW-003S models, but they donth have those long holes in the watchband.

The case says it's the DW-900S-8V, A.K.A. "Surfblaster". It looks like it has a clear strap of the DW-9000S-9V.

I have no experience with Zulu or Rhino straps, but the strap adapters are already on it, so it's easy to fit other watchbands.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool watch! Go with a 24mm Zulu or better yet, pick up the nylon/velcro strap from the G2300B.

http://www.casiosalesandservice.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=10124363!Casio&csurl=%2FiStar%2Ea sp%3Fa%3D29%26
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

Does that one have the plastic covering on the back?
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi John,

Welcome to our forum. Larry is very close, but it's a DW-9000S model (sorry Larry). They look very like the DW-003S models, but they donth have those long holes in the watchband.

The case says it's the DW-900S-8V, A.K.A. "Surfblaster". It looks like it has a clear strap of the DW-9000S-9V.

I have no experience with Zulu or Rhino straps, but the strap adapters are already on it, so it's easy to fit other watchbands.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Sjors, thank you for correcting the error - nothing for you to apologize for there, my friend. I should know better than to try to show off my meager knowledge without checking with G-Peopleland beforehand. I'm glad John got the correct information. I can vouch for the goodness of the nylon and velcro band from the G-2300B. I have that watch and it is one of my favorite wearers. I think the band is available from casiosalesandservice for around $27 USD or so. I have been thinking about ordering a spare for some of my other watches.

Regards from Texas,

Larry C

>>Does that one have the plastic covering on the back?

It's got a plastic covering that's part of the band. The back itself is stainless and can be seen if you lift the band out of the way.

Many, many thanks for the information and the time. While I have you guys? If I could grab a few more answers?

Do you guys have a specific site you like to order your Rhino/Zulu straps from?

Does anyone do custom/service work on G-Shocks? Stuff like change the battery, remove the plastic covering on the face, change the glass window, etc.

I collect Titanium. Any kind: 6/4, 2, 3/2, whatever. Love the stuff. Does anyone have a resource of all the Ti G-Shocks? What grade do they use?

I'd love to pick a Ti up without a band and throw a Rhino on it...

Think I bought my 24mm Zulu strap from here, along with 2 adaptors.

http://www.countycomm.com/zulu.htm

Watches are frickin evil!

Good source for NATOs and Rhinos -

http://www.timefactors.com/rhino.htm
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

As these G-lides don't seem to pop up very often here are some pictures of mine!

My dyed one

And my.. erm.. non dyed one!

ruizjaime26 likes this.

Watches are frickin evil!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information