Cream G-9000-8VDR Muddie arrived!

Thread: Cream G-9000-8VDR Muddie arrived!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cream G-9000-8VDR Muddie arrived!

Today 09:34 FedEx delivered my first Muddie...which I had ordered in Singapore less than 2 days ago.
    It flew Singapore-Subic Bay-Shanghai-Frankfurt-Brussels-Antwerp (delivery).
    Incredible...
    Nice watch...big.. B-)

Wink Re: Cream G-9000-8VDR Muddie arrived!

Wow, that's 5 minutes ago. You have probably the nearest Cream Muddie there is :-D Indeed, the FedEx delivery is amazing fast here. You are gonna love it I think (well, it's by far my favorite new Mudman model).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Re: Cream G-9000-8VDR Muddie arrived!

Congratulatiions on the new MUDDY

I think Sky is still busy with the messages..

Just saw Antwerp. I once sold an Antwerp G-Shock on EBay to someone from Antwerp:-D

Don't ya just love the backlight:gold

You will have to collect the set now

Quote Originally Posted by PabloElFlamenco
    Today 09:34 FedEx delivered my first Muddie...which I had ordered in Singapore less than 2 days ago.
    Incredible...
    Nice watch...big.. B-)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've just finished setting the time, zones, dst, world time (to UTC, i.e. RAI without dst option).
    Right hand tip-of-thumb numb from pressing those buttons...
    Nice watch...

If you set it the correct time (DST-on, UTC+2) it will probably only need slight adjust for the seconds

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Thanks Sjors, it's set OK - one of my other hobbies is short wave listening (r-a-d-i-o, you know, one of those electric machines with -in the best of cases- a voice coming out of it, and a lot of whistling sounds...) and I know the meaning of UTC, GMT, "Z" (for "Zulu").

Also, ship captains report everything in zulu (not the language; the time, I mean :-D ) adding the deviation from GMT in same message, it is in fact an obligation on board of ships to, about every two days or so (depends on the speed and bearing of the ship!), write in the daily logbook "noon time report", "set clock back 1 hour" (or "forward 1 hour", if sailing eastward). Sometimes, when sailing direction Australia, the ship all of a sudden loses a day! That's because of crossing the "international date line"... wreaks havoc when calculating "distance/speed/24" = "X" days and the ship in fact arrives on a date exactly 24 hours later than "calculated"...

and -naturellement- I use the 24 hour format.

In fact, I set my G after to the second after first having Googled for "exact time" (used the Greenwich Mean Time website).

I set it as "Local zone = GMT +1", DST "on" (making it Z+2 for the summer), and I set world time to GMT/UTC, which is city code "RAI" (DST off, because GMT is and always remains Z).

Thanks Sjors, it's set OK - one of my other hobbies is short wave listening (r-a-d-i-o, you know, one of those electric machines with -in the best of cases- a voice coming out of it, and a lot of whistling sounds...) and I know the meaning of UTC, GMT, "Z" (for "Zulu").

Also, ship captains report everything in zulu (not the language; the time, I mean :-D ) adding the deviation from GMT in same message, it is in fact an obligation on board of ships to, about every two days or so (depends on the speed and bearing of the ship!), write in the daily logbook "noon time report", "set clock back 1 hour" (or "forward 1 hour", if sailing eastward). Sometimes, when sailing direction Australia, the ship all of a sudden loses a day! That's because of crossing the "international date line"... wreaks havoc when calculating "distance/speed/24" = "X" days and the ship in fact arrives on a date exactly 24 hours later than "calculated"...

and -naturellement- I use the 24 hour format.

In fact, I set my G after to the second after first having Googled for "exact time" (used the Greenwich Mean Time website).

I set it as "Local zone = GMT +1", DST "on" (making it Z+2 for the summer), and I set world time to GMT/UTC, which is city code "RAI" (DST off, because GMT is and always remains Z).

Indeed funny, ship looses a day, ha ha. Goow we live 12 hourzone from there so we do not have to deal with it many times

Cheers,

Sjors

Cool Re: Cream G-9000-8VDR Muddie arrived!

Incredible...
    Nice watch...big.. B-)
    Amazing 2 G's on the same flight!

Your Muddie must have been on the same flight's out of Singapore to Subic Bay Phillipines as mine G was! :gold

Which seller was it on the bay?

My G is supposed to arrive tomorrow though!

I bought it at http://www.superchrono.com/
    Incredibly fast service, maybe not the absolute best prices, but direct, fast, reliable...

I had, previously, ordered a G-7300-1VER in Germany, yesterday they sent me an email advising the watch could not be obtained; I immediately cancelled the order, because I have some second thoughts about that watch, it's a very "civilized" tough solar with CTL-1616 battery (and my wife would not like me buying 2 watches in one week).

The Superchrono website has some very nice stuff!!! If I hadn't emptied my G-Shock budget a couple days ago, I'd be ordering up a red jelly Baby-G Frogman for the wife.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information