crossfitter needs g-shock
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: crossfitter needs g-shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

crossfitter needs g-shock

i'm a huge fan of crossfit workouts (www.crossfit.com) and i have totally destroyed a timex ironman in the process. i bought a G-shock G7500 for my workouts last week and i love the watch but the countdown timer is not what i was expecting. i need a watch to use for tabata intervals. a tabata is where you do 20 seconds of work followed by 10 seconds of rest for 4 minutes. i was planning on using the countdown timer set to 10 seconds and auto-repeat, working through 2 intervals and resting for one. what sucks is that i can't set the timer to anything less than 1 minute. i would send the watch back but i like it and the shipping + 20% restock fee isn't worth it.
    is there a g-shock out there for me that will do the intervals i'm looking for?

i'm also afraid i'm catching the G-shock virus. i love this 7500, i'm drooling over the atomic solar models, and i want one for the tabata intervals. i already have addictions to spyderco, benchmade and glock. i can't afford more addictions.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: crossfitter needs g-shock

hi benny,

as far as I know, there is no such G that can be configured with different elapsed time modes in the countdown mode.

however my (as always and usual ) recommendation is for a G-2300/2310.

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi.../G2300_Series/

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...hock/G2310-1V/

besides that is has one of the very best modules casio made to date in my opinon, this watch features also a 24h countdown timer which can be set precisely to the second. it also infinitely repeats the intervals, something not all models do (some repeat only 10 times or so).

regards, holger

You might want to check out the DW56RT-1V Referee Timer model. It has special functions for interval training. Here is a link to the module:

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_man.../en/qw2991.pdf

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Haaaaa! a fellow crossfitter!
    I just came back from the gym. Murph in 38 min. Ready to puke my guts out.....

I guess the WOD with the thabatha push ups, or the tabatha "something else" has gotten into your head:)

murph in 38 minutes...you are awesome. i did it in 59 last week. i have a mp3 file to use for the tabatas but i'm getting sick of the same songs every time. i might just keep using this new 7500 and see how it goes. thanks for the tips. i really like that 2310....

Quote Originally Posted by bennyG19 View Post
    murph in 38 minutes...you are awesome. i did it in 59 last week. i have a mp3 file to use for the tabatas but i'm getting sick of the same songs every time. i might just keep using this new 7500 and see how it goes. thanks for the tips. i really like that 2310....

I just use any of my Gs (or my Tutima, for that matter).
    I have figured out that the key to a tabatha success is ti FIGURE IN ADVANCE the number of reps, and stick to it. Just like the WOD video with the push ups. The first time I did the tabatha push ups I just decided-"20 push ups, in 20 secs, thats it, 10 sec rest. that means EVERY 30 secs I start a set at min 4 I am done." simple as that. any G will its simple chrono will do. If you survive this, just increase the number of reps by 1, 2 , 3 etc. remember, the LOWEST ONE COUNTS. Happy training man, this is the future of fitness.

Hay man, I just saw your addictions, spyderco.....whatever benchmade-I am with you on this one, plus kershaw. Glock.....I will take SIG any day

same reason i ended up getting a times ironman. it's an AWESOME watch, but everytime i put it on on my way to the gym and see my lonely GW5600 looking at me, i wish i could put them timex functions into the 5600 case and keep the tough/solar/atomic. ah well, i guess the perfect digital watch for us still awaits ... intervals are THE way to train. nothing else quite like them!

Quote Originally Posted by vactor View Post
    same reason i ended up getting a times ironman. it's an AWESOME watch, but everytime i put it on on my way to the gym and see my lonely GW5600 looking at me, i wish i could put them timex functions into the 5600 case and keep the tough/solar/atomic. ah well, i guess the perfect digital watch for us still awaits ... intervals are THE way to train. nothing else quite like them!

Yeah man I feel the same way. The older I get the more intensity I want in my workouts. And it does not come with increasing the weight, but by interval training. Today the rest is 1 min, next week it is 50 sec, the week after it is 45. Basically the amount of work done in the SAME TIME is more, therefore the intensity is higher--simple as that. I would love a G-shock with a Timex module in it

I think one of the referee timers such as the one Buzzbait posted should do the job.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information