cs 1100 or mtg 1000

Thread: cs 1100 or mtg 1000

cs 1100 or mtg 1000

Hi everyone

Just need some advice on choosing a analogue watch.what are the pro's and con's of each watch.Do they have battery power level ind?.I am 70% in favour of the mtg 1000(gold accents).

Regards

jay

Re: cs 1100 or mtg 1000

They are both fantastic watches but Luminousity is poor only lasting about an hour or fades quickly both watches are superbly built and packed with World class features,i had the 1100 but sold it too quickly a great watch though.

Check out DougFNJ's YouTube reviews of the MTG1000 and others, the vids are excellent (sorry don't have the link to hand, but they are very easy to find).

The MTG really does look like the better watch, I've not seen one in the flesh but it looks impressive from all the photos & vids I've seen, it also has a CDT - when was the last time you saw an analogue watch ticking backwards?

For me the GS-1000D analogue is the winner by function, as it has a two-handed sub dial, allowing dual time to be displayed simultaneously, a 24h stopwatch and also saves the main hands whizzing around when you want to set the alarm (something that is novel and fun at first, but can get frustrating after a while).

If the GS-1000D worked with the UK time signal (instead of being just Japan/US) I would have sold several things to get my hands on one already! I'm still considering it as my next purchase and relying on manual setting
    There goes a Narwhal!

GW-3000
    Gulfman GW-9100
    Seiko SKX033

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jman16 View Post
    Hi everyone

Just need some advice on choosing a analogue watch.what are the pro's and con's of each watch.Do they have battery power level ind?.I am 70% in favour of the mtg 1000(gold accents).

Regards

jay
    I have a GS 1000 Giez (the all-black Japanese version - close to what you're considering) and a MTG 1000. Neither has a power level indicator. What I like about the Giez is the ability to see two time zones simultaneously, the 24-hour timer, the "stealth" quality of it being all black, the screw in caseback, and the fact that it's a bit smaller than my other Gs. It's very comfortable and fits under a shirt cuff (barely).

That said, I prefer the MTG of the two. Where the MTG shines, though, is the CDT, day display, and just the heft and feel of the watch. The bracelet is high quality and comfortable to wear. It's much more robust feeling than the Giez and a bit more useful for my daily needs.

As noted, the lume on both is crummy.

Hope this helps you decide. I'm happy with both of mine.

Thread Information