Curious which Casio DW 5600 to purchase? Are there differences in terms of where it was cased also?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By yankeexpress
  • 1 Post By d2mac
  • 1 Post By blondygirl69
  • 2 Post By SamRHughes

Thread: Curious which Casio DW 5600 to purchase? Are there differences in terms of where it was cased also?

Curious which Casio DW 5600 to purchase? Are there differences in terms of where it was cased also?

I am interested in obtaining a G Shock DW5600 and have noticed there are a few different models ones cased in either china, Thailand, Singapore and others? Module #?Also looks like the newest version is 100% plastic and not stainless steel like the ones prior. What are folks impressions on the new ones compared to the previous version? Also which one is the one NASA allows? Lastly, if you were to buy one new which one would you buy and why and if you were going to buy one second hand which one and why? Thank you..

T3C

Re: Curious which Casio DW 5600 to purchase? Are there differences in terms of where it was cased al

For me it would be the B5600BC-1:

Bluetooth, positive display and bracelet

Not exactly a DW though ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Re: Curious which Casio DW 5600 to purchase? Are there differences in terms of where it was cased al

Both DW or GWB 5600 have resin case and stainless steel backplate but they use different module. 3229 for DW and 3461 for GWB. Personally I have both and love them both. If you prefer simplicity, battery powered, go for DW. If you prefer Bluetooth, solar powered the new GWB is way to go. Aesthetically, GWB is relatively new so not many variations are available compared to DW which has plenty of variants to choose from. Both are great choice. I think you will be happy with either of them

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You are asking about country of make etc.

Check out these links and your answer will be found inside those pages.

https://world.g-shock.com/sg/en/orig...t/dw-5600.html

https://www.watchbattery.co.uk/Casio...Identify.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by chadam1978 View Post
    I am interested in obtaining a G Shock DW5600 and have noticed there are a few different models ones cased in either china, Thailand, Singapore and others? Module #?Also looks like the newest version is 100% plastic and not stainless steel like the ones prior. What are folks impressions on the new ones compared to the previous version? Also which one is the one NASA allows? Lastly, if you were to buy one new which one would you buy and why and if you were going to buy one second hand which one and why? Thank you..
    No G-Shock is 100% plastic. They all have a stainless steel or titanium back.

NASA has certified several Gs, including all DW-5600 versions.

Latest G purchased is the GBD-800 StepTracker with bluetooth.

Actually, I got this version:

Why? Because it is a limited edition, very hard to get, and I figured out how to get one. DuckDuckGo is a great search engine.
    Last edited by yankeexpress; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:12.
    buddhashenglong, T3C and Dxnnis like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

Moderator G-Shock Forum

The switchover for the basic DW-5600 from steel to plastic housing was in 1996.
    The backplate of the plastic version is a thick stamped part held in place by 4 screws.
    So not that recent.

From time to time Casio releases anniversary DW-5600 style watches with steel housing.

My opinion about the plastic case models:
    When it comes to real world toughness those are just fine.
    If you need the watch as an affordable beater go for the cheapest Walmart DW-5600E and be happy with it.
    For a collectors item the metal versions, both pre-1996 and remakes, are the more desireables.

The plastic casing of those newer models is glass fiber reinforced PU, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by chadam1978 View Post
    I Also looks like the newest version is 100% plastic and not stainless steel like the ones prior..
    Dxnnis likes this.
    You see no pictures in my post?
    Photobucket decided to lock my pics behind a 40$/month prescription service.
    I used their services since 2009 so the most of my old threads have Photobucket pics inside.
    If you stumble across one of those threads and want to see the pic, PM me and i will re-attach it.
    What can we learn from all the lost information?
    1. never trust cloud services
    2. always keep control of your data

I would love to buy a new DW-5600E if I could freakin see it.the segments are so light and grey they almost ghost out when I try to pick up the time in a quick glance.my pair of DW-5200 Hero,s are inky jet black and a fast read.if you save up a little more you might be interested in the GWX5700CS or GWX-5600 G-lide line,these are fantastic,real legible.
    Dxnnis likes this.

I think the ones to consider are the GW-5000-1JF, the GW-M5610BC-1JF, GW-M5610-1, and the DW-5600E. And the GW-S5600-1JF, and the GWX models... Okay, there are a lot of shapes to choose from, and then there are colors. All of these models have different feel and different fit to them, and some of them I like to wear, and some of them I just don't.

I think the question of which one is right for you comes down to luck of how it fits on you. For example, the 5610BC with its combi bracelet confirms to my wrist just perfectly. I know it's a question of luck, because when I put the same bracelet on a GW-5000, it was not nearly as comfortable -- the spacing across the lugs is longer.

The DW-5600E has kind of a mediocre screen as blondygirl69 mentioned, but it's never been a functional problem for me, but I find it useful to have the time and stopwatch both visible when working. For some reason I thought it was cool to get the "Fox Fire" variant.

Apparently the GWX stopwatch only goes up to 1 hour. That rules it out for me.

If I were to buy a new one right now (and if I didn't have any), it would be the 5610BC or the GW-S5600. The reason is, many heavy users find the bands break on them after a year or so... so in principle I'd want something longer lasting.
    babyivan and blondygirl69 like this.

Thread Information