Current and ex military personnel, what G-Shock you wore in service?

Thread: Current and ex military personnel, what G-Shock you wore in service?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool Current and ex military personnel, what G-Shock you wore in service?

I wore a DW6900-1V for 2 solid years in the army(forced conscription in my country) and for approximately another 3 years after that before resin rot destroyed it and I traded it in with Casio for something else.

It has never left my wrist at all while I was serving. I did everything with it on. Went with me to Thailand a few times as well. I remember I used to lie down at night in a Rover playing with the EL and dreaming of home, trying to sleep.

Only exception was when I was in my own home then I'll remove it. If not, I eat, sleep, .... and shower with it. I believe if I had not taken showers with my watch on, it will still be alive today. That's why I never take showers with any watch on today.

I have no wrists shots though. I served before there was any digital camera in the market.

Come to think about it, I kind of miss it...... Maybe it is time to buy another DW6900???????

Re: Current and ex military personnel, what G-Shock you wore in service?

Wah, GeeBeeCee, army life sucks ya, and my watch in the army was an assortment of models like the DW-5600E and like you, the DW-6900. I'm so glad I've reached the age of no more reservist, in fact, I just finished my final IPPT and with the $200 bucks I got for silver award, guess what I bought, yup, my GL-7500.

But life in the army was good for me as a signal storeman, I slept nearly everyday in the air-con store, ha ha ha. Those were the days.

A lot of Singapore boys grow to love Casio G-Shock because of the army I think, because a lot of recruits use Casio plastic watches though not all use G-Shocks. Oh, well...

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy2Go View Post
    Wah, GeeBeeCee, army life sucks ya, and my watch in the army was an assortment of models like the DW-5600E and like you, the DW-6900. I'm so glad I've reached the age of no more reservist, in fact, I just finished my final IPPT and with the $200 bucks I got for silver award, guess what I bought, yup, my GL-7500.

But life in the army was good for me as a signal storeman, I slept nearly everyday in the air-con store, ha ha ha. Those were the days.

A lot of Singapore boys grow to love Casio G-Shock because of the army I think, because a lot of recruits use Casio plastic watches though not all use G-Shocks. Oh, well...
    Signal storeman? What a coincidence. I was a signaller.

Nothing nice to say about this vocation except it beats being a rifleman or guardsman.

I'm still under the National Slavery program. In fact I am on mob manning this week.

But my love of G-Shock didn't originate from the army.

I owned several G-Shock in school. My 1st one was the one in the hockey ad when I was in kindergarten. It was waaaayyyy too big for my wrist back then. Then followed on with some kind of 5600/5500 kind of model and then the 5700 model.
    Last edited by GeeBeeCee; November 7th, 2007 at 20:16.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBeeCee View Post
    Signal storeman? What a coincidence. I was a signaller.

Nothing nice to say about this vocation except it beats being a rifleman or guardsman.

I'm still under the National Slavery program. In fact I am on mob manning this week.

But my love of G-Shock didn't originate from the army.

I owned several G-Shock in school. My 1st one was the one in the hockey ad when I was in kindergarten. It was waaaayyyy too big for my wrist back then. Then followed on with some kind of 5600/5500 kind of model and then the 5700 model.
    OMG!!! Don't you sleep. It's 3.30am. Go to bed, he he he

Quote Originally Posted by GameBoy2Go View Post
    OMG!!! Don't you sleep. It's 3.30am. Go to bed, he he he
    Just had a beer. Insomnia setting in.....

Instagram and Facebook @tallguythewatchseller
    tallguythewatchseller.com

Cool Re: Current and ex military personnel, what G-Shock you wore in service?

2300-B everyday baby.

I was on RT recently and I saw quite a lot of guys wearing G-Shocks, the most popular being Protreks and Cockpits. Heck, there were even a few wearing fake frogmans..

When in the military? Did you all receive an order that you must buy a digital watch?

I remember a bunch of guys asking with reason, why must we only have digitals? But I guess that is why alot of people in Singapore get to experience Casio.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG G View Post
    When in the military? Did you all receive an order that you must buy a digital watch?

I remember a bunch of guys asking with reason, why must we only have digitals? But I guess that is why alot of people in Singapore get to experience Casio.
    You're right, that's why I'm getting tired of digital watches, so have been looking lately into mechanicals. There's something alluring about mechanical watches that you won't find in a G-Shock. The Sinn U1 All-Black is now on my wishlist.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information