Customising your G-Shock...

Thread: Customising your G-Shock...

Customising your G-Shock...

I have read the tutorial on how to color the lettering on your G-Shock. I want to take it al a step further though. I think I can come up with a good way to print something on straps but I am really crazy about the images that apear in the display when you press the light button. Is there an articele that explains how to do this? I would love to have a dreski DW5600 limited to just one piece.

Re: Customising your G-Shock...

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    I think I can come up with a good way to print something on straps but I am really crazy about the images that apear in the display when you press the light button. Is there an articele that explains how to do this? I would love to have a dreski DW5600 limited to just one piece.
    Someone did do this once. Can't find the thread though...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Wink Re: Customising your G-Shock...

Hi Dreski,

It has been done. It is a tricky business I think. Behind the polarizing film and the LCD there is a film, before the reflector (usually greenish gray). I believe they use that film. I remember Stan2323 did these mods.

I found an old thread. I thought he also made a kind of tutorial, but I can't find it either.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/alm...-gs-68162.html

A long time ago I stumbled upon this photo. It was from a Japanese website or weblog:

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Perhaps a waterslide decal is thin enough to fit between EL and LCD. Make sure you dry the module properly before putting the battery in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Dreski,

It has been done. It is a tricky business I think. Behind the polarizing film and the LCD there is a film, before the reflector (usually greenish gray). I believe they use that film. I remember Stan2323 did these mods.

I found an old thread. I thought he also made a kind of tutorial, but I can't find it either.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/alm...-gs-68162.html

A long time ago I stumbled upon this photo. It was from a Japanese website or weblog:

Cheers,

Sjors
    THX for the link. It looks more complicated than I thought. That Manga image is crazy!
    I still dont understand on what surface the images are printed. Is it on a film or on regular paper? I read on another forum that there was an artist who customized a watch with the image of an Ant. I can't find that anymore.
    Last edited by dreski; September 17th, 2010 at 10:37.

Wink Re: Customising your G-Shock...

Hi Dreski,

I think they used overhead projector sheets to print on.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

I think they use acetate sheets for that.Just like the ones used in modding the cellphone displays.

Thread Information