D1000 Frogman Bezel Removal
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Byron2701
  • 1 Post By Byron2701
  • 2 Post By casiofool

Thread: D1000 Frogman Bezel Removal

D1000 Frogman Bezel Removal

Anyone done this care to comment? There was a thread about it a while back but I'd appreciate an update. Are there bits thatfall off when you remove the bezel or did I dream this? Hoping to 'cheer up' my plain black one in time for my Christmas holidays with Marine Blue resin.

Re: D1000 Frogman Bezel Removal

Name:  Casio G-Shock GWF-D1000NV22.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  48.5 KBName:  Casio G-Shock GWF-D1000NV24.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  44.3 KB

Did it 3 times now. Removal and re-assembly is pretty hard work because of the very tight fit.

What can come off is the metal cover of the sensor. All other components are fastened.

You have to take care of the position of the round adjust and mode button when you put the resin. They are not positioned symmetrically and you could bend the button shaft.
    Last edited by Byron2701; November 2nd, 2018 at 23:09.
    GaryK30 and S.L like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron2701 View Post
    Name:  Casio G-Shock GWF-D1000NV22.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  48.5 KBName:  Casio G-Shock GWF-D1000NV24.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  44.3 KB

Did it 3 times now. Removal and re-assembly is pretty hard work because of the very tight fit.

What can come off is the metal cover of the sensor. All other components are fastened.
    That's very helpful, many thanks! I'll just have to take a brave pill and crack on. Just a bit wary of distorting the bezel such that it then doesn't hug the sides of the casing as tightly as it should cos unlike the rest of my G-Shocks there's no actual bezel screws as such.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Don't worry about the bezel.

You will hate this thing because it will have the same tight fit during re-assembly
    casiofool likes this.

OK I have taken the bezel off. Really tight. Bit concerned how wobbly the buttons seem once the bezel is off. In particular the square button at COMP (the 4 o'clock position) seems not very parallel to the case, hope I haven't bent it. Bit worried now.

I read somewhere that you leave the watch in very warm watch for a time and this softens the bezel and makes the removal easier.

Put the bezel in very warm water prior to reassembly and again it is supposed to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by natrep View Post
    I read somewhere that you leave the watch in very warm watch for a time and this softens the bezel and makes the removal easier.

Put the bezel in very warm water prior to reassembly and again it is supposed to make it easier.
    Yes I have just done this before refitting the bezel. It did help. Think I did bend the top of the 'COMP' button just a little, I have persuaded it back into alignment but this further increases my dislike of the D1000 model TBH. I think now I will get the Marine Blue MB3 resin (bezel on way from a very helpful Casio UK...strap to follow when I have £132 to spare <OUCH>)

Unless I come up with a better way of removing and refitting D1000 bezels without risking button damage then not going to buy any more just keep the one I have and hope a new Froggy with an easier bezel design appears some day though it might never...

I do it, the depth sensor is fixed with soft sealant, surely you have a detach, and probability to flex the slim shaft of right side buttons, the result is the deformation and a misalignment of buttons with the resin...
    My suggestion is to avoid it...

In the picture my Frogman black with Kermit t-shirt
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

OK got a Marine Blue bezek and fitted it. Used hot water and avoided bending the buttons. One of the tiny pieces of tape that stick the stainless sensor cover to the red plastic bit got trashed but really these don't do much if anything so I peeled it off. With the MB strap coming in at £121 the skinflint in me is thinking I might not bother with the strap....hmmm...gotta think. I like the way the dark strap colour seems to flow throught the display surrounds which are black/dark blue anyway.Name:  20181107_134604.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  3.32 MB
    Worker and smccth like this.

Thread Information