Date-change question

Thread: Date-change question

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Date-change question

Hi room,

I've always assumed, without checking up on it, that it is not possible to reverse the month-day order in the main time display of any given digital G to day-month, as is customary in my neck of the woods..

Anyone know whether I'm mistaken and this is in fact possible?

Thanks again,

Paul

Re: Date-change question

Not in all cases, but I believe some models have those features.
    See the G-7800 review here, which confirms that model indeed does have that option:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-7...ew-316020.html

Over the years I have come across other digital watches which had that option (I think Cannibal had this on some modules) and always felt Casio should have implemented this as a basic feature.
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

The only Casio I own which has that feature is the WV-58U. I wished they offered this feature in all Casios, to me it doesn't seem to difficult to program that feature.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Irritating problem - clearly the European market doesn't matter too much to Casio.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

I don't think the European market doesn't matter to Casio - there were models only sold in europe and some Line-Ups like the Casio 'Collection' on the German Casio homepage (in the US it's 'Sports') are much bigger than elsewhere. I think it's just too much of an effort to implement this feature on every model. And funny enough - the G-7800B is discontinued in Germany - so it looks like not many people bought it (it's still sold in other countries) even though it has this feature - the G-7800-1 is still sold however.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I wonder if it is too much of an effort. The programmers at Casio only need to set a flag to indicate that the day and date must be displayed as dd-mm instead of mm-dd, that isn't much harder to program than switching between American time notation and 24 hour time notation.

G-Shocks don't run an OS - every function is hard-wired.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I still don't see why Casio couldn't hard wire it in then - they've got a whole heap of other options in there so surely one more wouldn't hurt?
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

I don't know - in fact I was always hoping Casio would use the module from the G-7800 as a base for other models, too. It's one of the most advanced modules I think - together with the G-7700 (which doesn't have the date-format change however). Too bad those two modules were each only used in one specific model. Instead Casio puts their basic module used in the GW-6900 or GW-5000 in every other G-Shock .

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I don't know - in fact I was always hoping Casio would use the module from the G-7800 as a base for other models, too. It's one of the most advanced modules I think - together with the G-7700 (which doesn't have the date-format change however). Too bad those two modules were each only used in one specific model. Instead Casio puts their basic module used in the GW-6900 or GW-5000 in every other G-Shock .

Greetings, Sedi
    Didn't know that Sedi - good to hear that my 7710 is advanced. Not bad at all when you think how cheap it is. Just wish it showed the current time in stopwatch mode!
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information