Dead CTL1616

Thread: Dead CTL1616

Question Dead CTL1616

Hi,

my CTL1616 rechargable battery has run out. Does anyone know where to get these cheap, but still with decent quality? I have seen a few online for GBP11 or USD 8.50. Anything belowe that? I do not know how cheap you can get them, but I have seen prices for similar lithium batteries differ from USD 5 a piece to USD 0.50. OK, I had to buy 10 to get that price, but still... that makes the same total of USD 5. And these work fine and long as well (Renata).

I couldn't find any on eBay. Does anyknow where I can them for a few bucks. My local watch maker charge me 30 euros.
    OK, he changes it for me, but that's it. I can do that too.

Re: Dead CTL1616

Buy a trusted 'name' battery, and buy it from a company that looks as though it has a decent turnover. Saving a few quid / dollars / beer tokens at the risk of buying something sub-standard or something that has sat on the shelf for years doesn't really make sense.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: Dead CTL1616

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Buy a trusted 'name' battery, and buy it from a company that looks as though it has a decent turnover. Saving a few quid / dollars / beer tokens at the risk of buying something sub-standard or something that has sat on the shelf for years doesn't really make sense.
    Thanks for the advice. I understand what you mean. But I found out that some take high margins on their sells. I wanted to know what is reasonable and what is cheap. Cheap does not allways means it's bad.

And this watch is not a daily beater/wear, so I don't have to have the best quality for it. As long as it isn't rubbish. I plan on giving the watch away functionaly. If the costs are too high, it keeps staying besides my window.

Thread Information