Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    Member dreski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    503

    Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    I am struggling with a dilema. I own a Dee and Ricky. It is in mint condition and I only wore it twice because of its rarity I only have it on display behind glass. I see them go on ebay for around 500 euro. Just saw one with 8 days left of bidding and it is now on 400 euros.
    I could use the money but would it be wise to hang on to it? Who knows what the prices wil do in about 5 years? The market could also collapse. What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Member Mecha-Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    Keep it. But I understand if you need the money. I own one also but have only worn it a few times. I think it will keep going up in value. This is my opinion only. I have seen them for sale on ebay for $750 USD. Tough choice. Wish you the best whatever you decide.
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

  3. #3
    Member craniotes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    4,087

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    You know, I'm really kicking myself for selling these to friends at cost:



    I mean, sure, I kept one for myself, but damn!

    Regards,
    Adam
    GTR83, kurzjak and BrendanSilent like this.
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,850

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    ^^^

    but at least you aren't having hull problems... ;)
    BrendanSilent likes this.

  6. #5
    Member GTR83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    4,314

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    I say sell it now, and invest in another collaboration G-Shock. You are right when you say the market can collapse any day. Only collectors buy these and those who wanted to buy a D&R because they want to wear it will be put away by the market price.

  7. #6
    Member craniotes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    4,087

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    ^^^

    but at least you aren't having hull problems... ;)
    Lt. Cmdr. La Forge is a pimp, plain and simple.

    Regards,
    Adam
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

  8. #7
    Member Jeff_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canton Georgia, near Atlanta.
    Posts
    14,017
    I would watch the market. But a bird in the hand is better than two in a bush... strike while the iron is hot... and all that.

    Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!



  9. #8
    Member stonehart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    478

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    I view this watch as a niche piece. As time passes, I think the price will come down a little because something new and exciting will come along. If this watch had more features like solar/atomic capabilities or a titanium case, i think it would hold a better value. It's not an overseas only release either. I would love to have one to add to the collection but can't justify paying more than $200 for it. It's only with what somebody will pay for it so I'd suggest sell now while u can get at least $400 or more for it. Just my opinion.

  10. #9
    mgs
    mgs is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    43

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    Sell it to meeeee! 400 usd and a cookie!

  11. #10
    Member marckoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    401

    Re: Dee and Ricky should I sell it now or wait?

    suddenly have the urge to pm you with a price

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •