Defect? GA-1000 lume on hands
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Defect? GA-1000 lume on hands

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I recently bought this watch and noticed at night on the hour and mostly the minute hand on the right side you can see lume after the black and white paint. Does anyone else have this. It really bothers me especially for the price these go for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Vdubz; March 3rd, 2014 at 10:11.

Re: Defect? GA-1000 lume on hands

I reckon that's just lume light spill from the hand's backside reflecting off the fairly nicely finished (especially for this price range) hand's edge. There's only a couple of dark spots along the edge caused by minor unevenness of the finish/paint.
    nigelw likes this.

I should've known better and asked you. The lume pic master. In person it doesn't look like its reflection from any finish. It looks as if the hands were cut and painted slightly off center. That line down the side of the hand is only present on that one side. The other side is totally dark. And there is those spots that don't have any paint that don't light up. I'm just gonna go back to Macy's and check the other one that they have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Vdubz View Post
    I should've known better and asked you.The lume pic master.
    Haha! Thanks buddy! But I'm not sure whether I'm the "lume pic master" or that lume is my master. Can't seem to pull away from the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vdubz View Post
    In person it doesn't look like its reflection from any finish. It looks as if the hands were cut and painted slightly off center. That line down the side of the hand is only present on that one side. The other side is totally dark. And there is those spots that don't have any paint that don't light up. I'm just gonna go back to Macy's and check the other one that they have.

Then that's what it is and I'd take it back, too. If your Macy's is anything like mine, they're gonna have five other examples of the watch languishing in their display cabinets waiting for a worthy owner. Hopefully one of 'em will satisfy you. Or, you could just return it. It's just another watch, soon enough another model's going to show up and make you forget all about this one. A yellow-accented, all-black version is what Casio ought to come up with next. That latest grey/black one doesn't quite cut it.

Good luck and let us know what happened.
    Vdubz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    Haha! Thanks buddy! But I'm not sure whether I'm the "lume pic master" or that lume is my master. Can't seem to pull away from the stuff.

Then that's what it is and I'd take it back, too. If your Macy's is anything like mine, they're gonna have five other examples of the watch languishing in their display cabinets waiting for a worthy owner. Hopefully one of 'em will satisfy you. Or, you could just return it. It's just another watch, soon enough another model's going to show up and make you forget all about this one. A yellow-accented, all-black version is what Casio ought to come up with next. That latest grey/black one doesn't quite cut it.

Good luck and let us know what happened.
    Thanks. I'm going to head over there tomorrow. They had 2 in the display when's bought this one and 2 of the orange. Unfortunately you're right. Something else will catch my eye after the novelty wears off. I have been eying that citizen you're wearing today. Maybe if they don't have any GA-1000's I just might look into that. Although they can be had for cheaper on the net than what macys sells them for. I guess that can be said for anything. Anyway I will let you know what happens. Thanks

Went to macys, they had about 8 watches. All of them had some sort of defect on the hands. I brought my fenix flashlight and gave each one a quick charge. Picked the one that seemed to have the least visible bleed through. Had to go to work right after so I'll inspect it tonight in total darkness when I get home and see if I can live with it. If not I'll just return it for a different model.

Wow, the suspense continues! Maybe you could show us a lume shot of what you got later. Regardless, keep us posted.

Ok this watch has the same issue. Am I being too picky. It really looks like the sides of the hands are missing some paint and it's only visible when the hands are at certain positions and the UV backlight is on and the Lume has a charge. I wish stuff like that didn't bother me because I really love this watch and it will probably make me return it.

Ok here's 2 more in artificial light with the backlight on. The line that's visible on the sides gets charged up by the back light. It really looks like Casio just didn't paint the sides on the hands enough. Very disappointing. If it was even it wouldn't be so bad. But it looks uneven and rough

Last edited by Vdubz; March 7th, 2014 at 07:33.

Hey, thanks for the pics and updates! Love the lume colors on that. You'd think Casio would've had enough sense to include a 5-second light option to prolong the light show a bit. Instead and true to their form, they decided to hold back on the fun.

For as long as you're holding on to it, then you're not being picky at all. Dissatisfied, maybe, but not picky. On the other hand, if you returned it, you could take comfort in the fact that the watch was flawed enough to get under your skin and make you like it less.

The feeling I get from what you write, is that as much as you like it, you may not be passionate enough about it to look past the flaws. So, it'd be best to return it and be done with it. But, of course, you're the only one who could really make that call.

There's one more thing you could do is to return that one and ask them to check stock for it at other nearby Macy's so you could go and run the "Fenix Test" on those.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information