Deployment clasp query for GWG1000
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StephenWatch

Thread: Deployment clasp query for GWG1000

Deployment clasp query for GWG1000

I recently acquired a MudMaster GWG1000, but having small girly wrists, the strap has a very long overhang to which the following thread was dedicated.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/sol...g-4497583.html

Now, I love this watch, and am even use to the strap which is very comfortable, but I still have an itch for a small mod!

Some years back, I carried out a mod to add a 'deployment clasp' to a GW7900, which was very successful.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/bla...st-679529.html

However, with this clasp, the large tongue part of the strap overlaps the strap on the outside.

I know there is a style of deployment clasp which allows the tongue side to come underneath the strap hence eliminating any 'overhang'.

It's darn difficult to tell from pictures of just a deployment clasp which style it is. Anyone know if the clasp which allows the tongue to sit underneath the clasp has a specific name so I can better research it?

This is what I mean by the tongue going underneath the strap!

Name:  BKL500W-Omega-Style-Deployment-Clasp-4.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  11.4 KB
    Slm643 likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Thread Information