DEVASTATOR Arrives Devastated
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: DEVASTATOR Arrives Devastated

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

DEVASTATOR Arrives Devastated

So my watch that my wife got me as a get well soon from surgery gift, arrived today! bought it from Sunknots on Rakuten.

Post man rings the door bell, I run to go open it, I sign for it.. and I was like

YES!!

Click image for larger version.

Name:	customs.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1198733

This is what the packaging looked like:

Name:	DSC07698.JPG
Views:	968
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	1198735

Inside there was 3 very tiny pieces of bubble wrap that was meant to protect the watch box..

Name:	DSC07699.JPG
Views:	955
Size:	114.7 KB
ID:	1198736

The watch outside box.. was smashed to bits:

Name:	DSC07694.JPG
Views:	966
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	1198737

This would have been my 1st Japan packaging.. also torn and smashed up:

Name:	DSC07696.JPG
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1198738

what a freakin mess!!

Name:	DSC07700.JPG
Views:	956
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	1198739

The watch pillow was fine..

Name:	DSC07697.JPG
Views:	961
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1198742

Name:	DSC07701.JPG
Views:	973
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1198741

lucky for me, the watch inside was fine!! man, i nearly had a heart attack when i opened it up.. the strap was a little bent out of shape but I think if i keep wearing it, it should straighten out on its own? I checked all the buttons, the back light... everything seems fine, no scratches or anything..

Not sure what could have caused damage like that.. maybe they kept some heavy boxes on top of it or just threw it around or opened it up and tore the box up for fun? lol i have no idea.. I am just lucky that the watch is okay..

Maybe I wasn't charged customs cause it was smashed up or maybe cause it was not a big box they let it slide..

I was happy I dodged customs and I love the watch, but just not happy with how Sunknots packages their orders. It's just not good enough.. what if it was that G-Set box or something super expensive like that? not cool!

I do not want to write to them and complain, cause i doubt they will change how they package their orders, plus I think with their limited english I might confuse them and they might ship a replacement out or something.. so I'm not going to say anything.. will never order from them again though.. they have not even replied to my past 2 e-mails..

Here is the box I got from TIP-TOP *when i ordered the DGK 8900* solid packaging!

Name:	DSC07715.JPG
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1198748

and shipping was cheaper as well! TIP Top had charged me 1240Yen and Sunknots charged me 1680Yen.. so will stick to TIP TOP from now on, their manager was also friendlier and replied to e-mails.

If anyone from India is interested in what Tracking looks like:

My last order from TIP TOP: (Rs 1700 customs)

Name:	track.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1198757

Current order from SUNKNOTS: (No Customs)

Name:	sun track.jpg
Views:	943
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1198759

Watch+ Shipping cost me: ( 12,562) (Bank charged me Rs8,342) (G8900 Normally sells for Rs6,000 here but this model is not available in India)

anyways, now on to the good stuff, the watch!

I don't have a G1 Devastator in my toy collection, so I posed the watch with Funko POP Vinyl Donnie..

Name:	DSC07702.JPG
Views:	968
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1198781

Name:	DSC07704.JPG
Views:	1318
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	1198784

my 2 favourite colours Green and Purple both in 1 watch= EPIC!

Name:	DSC07706.JPG
Views:	948
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1198794

Name:	DSC07707.JPG
Views:	957
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1198795

Name:	DSC07713.JPG
Views:	940
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	1198796

Name:	DSC07711.JPG
Views:	945
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	1198808

tried to get a backlight shot but it did not come out 2 good, i had my wife press the button while I took the pic, lol

Name:	DSC07716.JPG
Views:	927
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1198809

Name:	DSC07719.JPG
Views:	946
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1198810

Am very happy with the watch, love the colours.. in my opinion it's the best release this year. This is my 4th watch this year but it's the 1st 2013 model I have bought.. I'm tempted to get the blue & pink one now..

@CCCP Hope your Devastator reaches you soon bro!

Re: DEVASTATOR Arrives Devastated

Probably your watch box was opened at customs and hastily put back. Or by the courier company. It is common here.

Congrats starscream! I have the blue/pink one, and i must tell you, it's louder than the green/purple one lol. Yes you should get it!

Anyway, it looks nicer in real man. And the backlight is sick. i am a fan of devastator (the original one. not the funny monster-like creature in the movie), my fav turtle was donatello, and i think hulk is mad cool. now im super tempted..lol..
    Last edited by Cognac0113; August 23rd, 2013 at 11:27.
    starscream and gripmaster like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Cognac0113 View Post
    Congrats starscream! I have the blue/pink one, and i must tell you, it's louder than the green/purple one lol. Yes you should get it!

Anyway, it looks nicer in real man. And the backlight is sick. i am a fan of devastator (the original one. not the funny monster-like creature in the movie), my fav turtle was donatello, and i think hulk is mad cool. now im super tempted..lol..
    haha thanks! yeah the watch looks amazing and love that bright pink backlight. yup Movie Devastator with the balls was a joke. G1 one was awesome! my fave turtle has always been Mikey, Donnie is 2nd.

I'm still thinking if I should get the blue and pink one or the blue and pink gls8900's:

Name:	G-Lide.jpg
Views:	927
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1198856

I can wear the blue while my wife wears the pink.. will ask her what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
    Probably your watch box was opened at customs and hastily put back. Or by the courier company. It is common here.
    has it happened to you before? 1st time i've received a parcel so damaged. could be that, there wasn't any obvious signs that it was opened. the regular post man dropped it off.. it looks more like something heavy was placed on it while in transit.

Wink Re: DEVASTATOR Arrives Devastated

Fresh looking G. Luckily it seems also Mail Resistant... Bummer to find your box inside tike that. THe text FRAGILE somehow brings a smile on my face. It was probably not spelled in proper Indian .

Cheers,

Sjors
    gripmaster likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by starscream1017 View Post
    ....Am very happy with the watch, love the colours.. in my opinion it's the best release this year.....
    Have to disagree here. Dont wanna count ... but I can name at least 10 better releases this year. 30th anniversary was way better than 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by SheepOnDrugs View Post
    Have to disagree here. Dont wanna count ... but I can name at least 10 better releases this year. 30th anniversary was way better than 25th.
    98% maybe even 99% of the forum would disagree with me on that.. I'm one of the very few people on here who don't really care about screwback's, squares, black watches etc.. I love crazy coloured G's.. this is the 1st watch that I like the most this year, just talking about stuff that's already out, not stuff that's going to come out.
    koiom, gripmaster and Chrisek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Fresh looking G. Luckily it seems also Mail Resistant... Bummer to find your box inside tike that. THe text FRAGILE somehow brings a smile on my face. It was probably not spelled in proper Indian .

Cheers,

Sjors
    haha yeah, lucky its a G-Shock and not some other watch, that would have probably been damaged. It does not mention Fragile in Hindi, only in English.. even if they knew the word they probably wouldn't even care.

Congrats on the gift, great selection

Sucks about the packaging though, I really wonder what happened. I am certainly not suprised after all the videos how EMS and other companies treat the packages. I'm suprised more packages don't come smashed like that...

Enjoy wear it, hopefully the watch helped you recover faster
    starscream likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information