Did I get ripped off on shipping?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Did I get ripped off on shipping?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did I get ripped off on shipping?

I recently bought a watch from a seller in Thailand. There were two options for shipping: regular airmail and EMS. The regular mail was $15 and EMS was $35. I opted for EMS because they are super fast and have never failed me, and this isn't a cheap or easy to find watch.

I got a "marked as shipped" notice with a tracking number today, and the number starts with RR. I am used to EMS packages starting with EE. Is there a different code for some countries or did the seller send by registered mail? I am asking here because my online search provided little information and I want to make sure I know what I am talking about before contacting the seller for a refund.

Re: Did I get ripped off on shipping?

Hard to say if you got ripped off. But usually if it's registered you get the tracking code. And for $35 you should get one.
    What does the http://www.track-trace.com say?-)

Sounds like a registered airmail parcel, in which case I would feel cheated. Track trace should tell you the shipping method if it isn't already showing up on USPS. If it isn't EMS, you would have reason for a partial refund. Registered airmail is safe but slow as every package travels under lock and key. Good luck

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pocky View Post
    Hard to say if you got ripped off. But usually if it's registered you get the tracking code. And for $35 you should get one.
    What does the http://www.track-trace.com say?-)
    Track trace doesnt say anything about it yet. This seller has gotten negatives before and he will get another if it turns out this is not EMS
    pocky likes this.

I found this on a blog discussing shipping from Thailand to USA. "All registered items start with the letters RR, EMS starts with EE". Also, if it only shows the tracking from Thailand and then delivered, no en route updates like it arrives at your nearest hub then your post office, then it likely is registered. I would just email him and say hey I paid ems but my tracking # is for registered mail was there an error if he says yes ask for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    I found this on a blog discussing shipping from Thailand to USA. "All registered items start with the letters RR, EMS starts with EE". Also, if it only shows the tracking from Thailand and then delivered, no en route updates like it arrives at your nearest hub then your post office, then it likely is registered. I would just email him and say hey I paid ems but my tracking # is for registered mail was there an error if he says yes ask for a refund.
    yeah that is basically what I did. I don't know if he understands English well so hopefully my message was clear. If he doesn't refund the difference I will just go through ebay to claim it. Given his past feedback I am not about to give him the benefit of the doubt. It was a risky purchase to begin with, for various reasons, and the watch sold for far less than it should have, probably because of his questionable feedback record.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    It was a risky purchase to begin with, for various reasons, and the watch sold for far less than it should have, probably because of his questionable feedback record.
    ...and the seller (possibly) decided to pad his profits by "accidentally" selling you the upgraded shipping?

Ouch. I hope that's not the case -- good luck!

I recently bought a watch from a seller in Thailand. There were two options for shipping: regular airmail and EMS. The regular mail was $15 and EMS was $35. I opted for EMS because they are super fast and have never failed me, and this isn't a cheap or easy to find watch.

I got a "marked as shipped" notice with a tracking number today, and the number starts with RR. I am used to EMS packages starting with EE. Is there a different code for some countries or did the seller send by registered mail? I am asking here because my online search provided little information and I want to make sure I know what I am talking about before contacting the seller for a refund.
    Are you talking about k_part-only?

He usually sell spare parts. But I presume you bought another restoration project in the form of that Frogman?

He claims in that listing that the item have an extended handling time and delivery time greater than 9 business days. I think it might be his own personal watch.

If you paid for EMS that is what you should be getting. But that number RR, is definitely a registered mail sent with Thailand Post. So you should be asking for a $21 refund on shipping.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post

Are you talking about k_part-only?

He usually sell spare parts. But I presume you bought another restoration project in the form of that Frogman?

He claims in that listing that the item have an extended handling time and delivery time greater than 9 business days. I think it might be his own personal watch.

If you paid for EMS that is what you should be getting. But that number RR, is definitely a registered mail sent with Thailand Post. So you should be asking for a $21 refund on shipping.
    yep, that's the one. I have actually bought from him before a year ago, an old melody alarm watch. condition was acceptable but looked better in the photos than in real life. I am not too concerned about the quality of the frogman. It has a fake bezel interestingly enough. I ordered a new resin set from Japan for $45 total. I imagine all the watch needs is a little cleaning inside and out and new resin

yep, that's the one. I have actually bought from him before a year ago, an old melody alarm watch. condition was acceptable but looked better in the photos than in real life. I am not too concerned about the quality of the frogman. It has a fake bezel interestingly enough. I ordered a new resin set from Japan for $45 total. I imagine all the watch needs is a little cleaning inside and out and new resin
    It also have a scratch on the case back that you perhaps are going to polish out?

I think that bezel looks real, but he claims it is not original though.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information