Did something cool with my G-Shock... learned to save a life.

Thread: Did something cool with my G-Shock... learned to save a life.

Did something cool with my G-Shock... learned to save a life.

Hey gang, I think you guys can appreciate this

Earlier this year, I signed up for a CPR/AED course in my home town. A two-day course that teaches you how to perform CPR and how to operate an Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) in a safe manner. Proper CPR and use of the AED can save someone if they are in cardiac arrest or simply aren't breathing.

Yesterday, I completed the training and received my CPR/AED certificate!

I have to say... learning CPR is quite a thrilling experience. Indeed very different and much more involved then what you see on shows like ER or House. They don't show you the usual complications, like the fact that most resuscitations are unsuccessful, and even then can result in a few cracked ribs and copious vomiting.

It's also quite physically taxing. You really have to apply a *lot* of pressure to do proper compressions... basically you're heaping your body weight on someone's chest, bouncing up and down at about 100 compressions per minute.

Which brings us to... G-Shocks. I actually did give some thought as to what watch I should wear to the course. Obviously, it had to be shockproof, so I opted for something that the professionals would use as well: the trusty GW-M5600 on a bright orange zulu strap. It passed the vigorous CPR with flying colors. And now it has a cool story to go with it as well

All in all, I had a great time and learned some valuable skills. I highly recommend that you consider taking a CPR / AED course as well.

Re: Did something cool with my G-Shock... learned to save a life.

Congratulations! I would have picked this G-Shock though. The buzzer alarm can be used as a defilibrator.

But seriousley a course like this can benefit all.

What a great story! It's cool you have your trusty gshock with you while finishing the certification. Congratulations!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A G-shock accompanies me on all my Search and Rescue missions. Great field tools indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by dreski View Post
    Congratulations! I would have picked this G-Shock though. The buzzer alarm can be used as a defilibrator.

But seriousley a course like this can benefit all.

LOL Nice one

Dresky

Congratulations.

I was wearing a Timex when I've received my CPR certification back in 2006 . For people on the go,look no further than a solid and simple digital

Thread Information