Did you ever buy something you should't have? The oops I bought it topic.
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Did you ever buy something you should't have? The oops I bought it topic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Nowadays it is so easy to hunt for G-Shocks. I love to roam the internet checking out the best offers. Sometimes after a night out with friends I will check all my ebay items that I am following. It is a bad habit because after having to much beer my rational side goes blurry and makes way for a "what the heck" attitude.
    I was on a hunt for a golden G011. That model is becoming very rare now and I spotted one in Germany. The pic showed a stock photo and I made a pretty high offer. The next day I saw to my horror that I had bid on a used G-Shock. I was praying that someone would outbid me and was figuring out how to remove my bid. I eventually won the watch for about 77 euros. I was really worried about the condition of the watch and could kick myself in the head for being drunk and not reading the small print.
    When it arrived it really was in used condition. The clasp had lost a little of the golden shine and there was a schratch on the bezel.

I decided to keep it to remind me not to be so stupid anymore. Considering its rarity after a few years I am quite fond of this watch. It has a story to it and it doens't look that bad anymore to me as when I got it for the first time.

Did you ever buy something stupid? Did you ever buy something while intoxicated?
    Maybe you overpaid for a watch or something like that. Share your story in this topic...
    Chrisek likes this.

Re: Did you ever buy something you should't have? The oops I bought it topic.

Oh yessss. Billy Blanks Book Camp, I did actually believe I was going to stick to it at the time I picked up the phone.....and yes I was quite to very intoxicated and I did sick to it for about......4 weeks.....I did make a diference but I just lost the motivation lol.
    The watch looks nice by the way.
    Casio GA110BR-5
    Casio DW-003-8 Modified
    Casio GWX8900B-7
    Storm Lucre
    Lotus Code 15502/7
    Rolex Daytona (Replica)

I bought used Storntrooper. It was more yellow than I supposed, but luckily I managed to sell it for the same price:

Name:  Stormtrooper 01.JPG
Views: 746
Size:  421.0 KB

I bought new orange King and found the bezel was a different color than a band.

Name:  Two kings 02.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  246.4 KB

I bought cheap and used DR-204 out of curiosity, but it turned out to be the least comfortable watch I've ever worn. Geeky, rare and "stargatish", but only on the desk.

Name:  Dro 1.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  420.3 KB

Cheers, Piowa
    [email protected] likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Every G after the first one! :D

----

GF-1000BP frog. Loved the purple digits, but I knew it was too big. Ended up selling it because I never wanted to wear it.
    Pachoe likes this.

I never regret buying a G-Shock, but this one was about the strangest in my collection, a GC-1001 G-Cool. Anyone annoyed about a G-9000 Mudman having stiff buttons? Well, try this one, then you think operating the G-9000 is child's play :-D Probably the strangest G-Shock around:

It seems I only have bad photo's of it. Maybe a good excuse to do a 50 Gs on it next year.

Cheers,

Sjors
    TedDotCom likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

One more sound for the Frog. Especially the GF/GWF1000 type frogs. I really want to like it. It is beautiful. But it's never been comfortable to wear for me. Also I think the functions are typical. GW200 has more fun stuffs to play with like memory data and customizable site names.

Quote Originally Posted by GShockMe View Post
    One more sound for the Frog. Especially the GF/GWF1000 type frogs. I really want to like it. It is beautiful. But it's never been comfortable to wear for me. Also I think the functions are typical. GW200 has more fun stuffs to play with like memory data and customizable site names.
    +1 from me. Had a GWF-1000BS and it was really great to look at but not to wear. Recently sold it.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this, next time you accidentally bid on Ebay, or make a bid only to find out later you made a mistake (as in your case), it IS possible to retract your bid.

Over the 15 years I have been on Ebay, there have been occassions I needed to retract a bid due to error or mistakingly bidding on something that I thought was one thing and turned out to be another.

Keep that in your hip pocket for next time, will save some of the angst / agony you went through....
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

I bought a dress(ier) vintage Wittanuer watch on ebay once to serve a an inexpensive dress watch for suit ware. Nice watch, but I purchased it mere days before my mother gave me a Nomos Orion as a graduation from law school gift. Rather than having a huge rotation, I'm more of a "best watch for the occasion" kind of guy; so every single time I throw on a suit, the Nomos beats out the Wittnauer. So my most expensive foray into vintage has been worn maybe five times in around six months. I also bough a vintage Enicar and an HMT, but they were inexpensive and I almost immediately gave them away to friends.

I stay far away from ebay these days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information