Difference between Casio service center and other places

Thread: Difference between Casio service center and other places

Difference between Casio service center and other places

I just bought an 8200 Frogman that had it's battery replaced at a watch store that's was not a casio service center. The person who did it is familiar with g-shock and Frogmans. What I'm wondering is, is there anything to worry about? The watch looks fine, works perfectly and has no scratches or anything on the screwback. I'm not planning to dive with this but I'm wondering if anything could have possibly gone wrong with the watch. In addition, would I be able to send the watch to a Casio service center to change the seals, pressure test it and get it ready for diving?

Re: Difference between Casio service center and other places

Personally, I wouldn't be concerned. A good proportion of members here change their own batteries. It's not difficult, so the person who changed yours probably did a good job.

You can always get it pressure tested if you want some reassurance, and there should be a jeweller somewhere near you who can test it to 100m, and possibly further.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information