Difference between manaslu and regular casio?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Mitch100
  • 4 Post By JonL

Thread: Difference between manaslu and regular casio?

Difference between manaslu and regular casio?

I'm wondering what makes the manaslu different from normal casios? Also, is the price difference worth the money in your guys opinion?

Re: Difference between manaslu and regular casio?

essentially only what you can see is different, the module inside are the same, but the cases and bracelet are titanium and the overall look is much smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbrownstone View Post
    I'm wondering what makes the manaslu different from normal casios? Also, is the price difference worth the money in your guys opinion?
    Well they are hardened titanium, use AR coated sapphire crystals, have very well made bracelets and use Zaratsu polishing.

" The Zaratsu technique is the beautiful, yet labor intensive, polishing you will generally find in high quality katana blades. This over 800 year old craft is done by hand and leaves the blade (or watch) with a true mirror finish. For the blades, this is used to help defensively to show reflections around corners and offensively to reflect sunlight and blind enemies."

This mirror like finish makes them a bugger to photograph using simple cameras.

This PRX-2000YT is all sold out but goes for about $1800 on Yahoo if BNIB.

Is it worth the additional money? Like all luxury products probably not. But what can you do? These watch manufacturers realise there is a market for, so called, luxury products and though they could price at a much lower point and still make a considerable profit they don't.

Can't blame them really if they can sell them at that price. This PRX-2000YT, for instance, sold out in no time at all.

The only way they will lower their price structure is if the watches stop selling.

At least Casio is not as bad as an offender, with this 'luxury' marketing and pricing, as most Swiss companies.

Mitch
    Mrbrownstone likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Further in their defence is that they offer a standard version and the "De Luxe" version above.

Can't blame them at all, if there's a market then they should go for it!

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

As others have said, the Manaslu range of Protreks all have a much higher level of craftsmanship and build quality. One feature I really like is that the polished titanium and sapphire crystal are both scratch resistant... I've had my PRX-2000T for over 2.5 years, don't baby it, and it still looks brand new. They may be on the top end of the Casio range, but are far less expensive than most other luxury watches of this caliber. When I sport mine, I still get compliments... helps when it's really shiny..

GShockMe, kurzjak, Tretton and 1 others like this.

I'd not heard of Manaslu before seeing this thread. Just went to ebay and checked them out. Very nice finish but omg SOOOOO much money.

LUW

Basically they're the MR-G of ProTreks.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thread Information