Difference between Rangeman(GW9400RD-4) carbon and ordinary strap
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Difference between Rangeman(GW9400RD-4) carbon and ordinary strap

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hi guys,

I know that there have already been lots of talk about Rangemans carbon fiber bands, but still want to hear your opinions because I´m not sure what to think about that case.

So I ordered GW9400RD-4 from internet(don´t want to name company at this point, maybe later ), when I ordered it company was using this kind of photo on product information:
    Name:  11296837_102532386749316_1959454599_n.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  22.6 KB

So in strap was text "carbon fiber". And when I got my watch it was like that:
    Name:  gw9400rd-4cr_1.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  150.6 KB
    There is text "triple sensor" instead of "carbon fiber".

So you guys with better knowledge about G-Shocks and specially Rangeman. Did I got wrong watch? Should it have text "carbon fiber" and should strap be some way different from normal G-Shock strap. And specially, is this a big deal or should I just let it be?

Thank you for your opinions.
    JohnQFord likes this.

Re: Difference between Rangeman(GW9400RD-4) carbon and ordinary strap

Without the carbon fibre marking, that is not a carbon fibre version (i.e. not Japan domestic version).

Whether that is an issue or not depends on the text (and pic) on the seller's description. If they did not tell you whether it's Japan domestic version or not, better assume it's not unless you are buying from somebody from Japan. The model number should also give you a hint, that if Japan domestic version is offered usually the model will be written as GW9400RD-4JF.

If their pic portrayed a watch with "carbon fibre" marking but shipped you one without carbon fibre, then I think you can protest.
    domoon likes this.

Take a look at the case back. If it's a carbon fiber strap you will see 'GW-9400RDJ' engraved on it.

If there is no 'J' then the strap will just be resin.

There is a $100 t0 $120 difference in price between the two ... maybe more.

Some sellers know the difference, but hope the buyer doesn't. Some just keep repeating pic's from previous listings without checking the details.

Some borrow pic's & don't know their ass from their elbow about model #'s & associated features.

If you paid a carbon fiber strap price & the listing quoted the GW-9400RDJ-4JF model # & pictured the Carbon Fiber strap ... you've been screwed.

A pic of the case back for the C/F model is below.

I had an eBay seller try the same scam with me on the Olive Green Rangeman. I called him on it [with a slight mention of eBay & PayPal] & had him pay return shipping & give me a full refund.

Name:  case back.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  159.4 KB
    Last edited by JohnQFord; September 12th, 2015 at 11:13. Reason: picture detail
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

just as johnQ stated above, the two are kind of "different" being the carbon fiber ones what we call the "JDM" and also there's obvious price difference between the two.
    so... how much did you pay for one?

Quote Originally Posted by hnuusku View Post
    And specially, is this a big deal or should I just let it be?

It is a big deal, the carbon fibre model is a lot rarer and goes for far more money than the ordinary resin one.

Have you been duped? Well, obviously if you bought based on the picture posted.

Have you lost money? It depends on how much you paid for it.

Mitch

I have a mudman GW-9300 ER "earth tone" multiband 6 with carbon fiber strap. You should be able to see the carbon fiber on the back side of the strap (inner side)

Last edited by torrentmt; September 12th, 2015 at 12:42.

To put it as simply as possible, the photo is part of the description of the watch and should be accurate. If the seller had a photo indicating "carbon fiber" on the strap and that is NOT what you received, then you have the right to a refund, IMO. (but you should especially pursue a refund if you paid the price of a typical Rangeman with a carbon fiber strap)

Rangemen with carbon fiber straps usually sell for quite a bit more than the all-resin strap models. (at least $100 more, sometimes $150 or higher)

If I were you and it bothers you, I would demand a full refund.
    Last edited by Time4Playnow; September 12th, 2015 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by hnuusku View Post
    Hi guys,

I know that there have already been lots of talk about Rangemans carbon fiber bands, but still want to hear your opinions because I´m not sure what to think about that case.

So I ordered GW9400RD-4 from internet(don´t want to name company at this point, maybe later ), when I ordered it company was using this kind of photo on product information:
    Name:  11296837_102532386749316_1959454599_n.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  22.6 KB

So in strap was text "carbon fiber". And when I got my watch it was like that:
    Name:  gw9400rd-4cr_1.jpg
Views: 848
Size:  150.6 KB
    There is text "triple sensor" instead of "carbon fiber".

So you guys with better knowledge about G-Shocks and specially Rangeman. Did I got wrong watch? Should it have text "carbon fiber" and should strap be some way different from normal G-Shock strap. And specially, is this a big deal or should I just let it be?

Thank you for your opinions.
    You have been taken by an unscrupulous seller. Unless you are comfortable with the price you paid for an International version without the "J" on the back and without the CF strap, ask for your money back and return the watch.

This bait-and-switch happened to me once with original Red Mudman. Got my money credited and bought the JDM version from another seller later.

EBay and PayPal will support you, the buyer. Take advantage of that by exercising your rights to what was pictured in the auction not being what you received.

And next time be sure you order and receive the J version.

BTW, your title of the thread has no J in it....GW-9400RD-4 is not the same watch as the GW-9400RDJ. As an educated buyer, you need to know the difference and specify EXACTLY the correct model number of what you want when you place an order for a watch.

If you ordered a GW-9400RD-4, then you got what you ordered.
    Last edited by yankeexpress; September 12th, 2015 at 22:33.

Lot of thanks to all you, there was many good advices and information that teached me lot. Also get some private messages and I like to say that I appreciate those advices very much!!

Price was 299 USD. So what I chatted in private message with some of you guys. That should be "red flag" and sign to be careful. Beginners mistake, I was too blue-eyed with authorized dealer.

I contacted seller and here´s what he told me: " I believe the photo may have said carbon fiber, however this was just a stock photo and the "carbon fiber" was referring to the case construction not the strap."

Maybe my point is this what Time4Playnow told:

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    To put it as simply as possible, the photo is part of the description of the watch and should be accurate. If the seller had a photo indicating "carbon fiber" on the strap and that is NOT what you received, then you have the right to a refund,
    Once again, many thanks to all of you!!!
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Price looked about right for non-JDM, given the red rangeman is getting rare now so could be more pricey than like 4-6 months ago when they were still easy to find.

So you are following up with the seller? If so do let us know how it goes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information