The difference betwen analog and digital time is analog you see the time digital you read the time.
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The difference betwen analog and digital time is analog you see the time digital you read the time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Off topic The difference betwen analog and digital time is analog you see the time digital you read the time.

Anybody ever notice this? Ever since I was in grade school I am used analog time. In analog you see the time. While in digital you read the time. Sometimes the brain is used to seeing the hour and minute hands verse reading digital time. It actually takes less time reading an analog watch than a digital watch for me. Sometimes while I am doing a task I don't even have to move my hand to see the time. I can actually work and see the time all in one motion. This is why diver style watches are cool.
    GaryK30, James_, aktodd and 1 others like this.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Re: The difference betwen analog and digital time is analog you see the time digital you read the ti

If you listen very carefully, you can even smell the time

Re: The difference betwen analog and digital time is analog you see the time digital you read the ti

Quote Originally Posted by G-Shocks Are Cool. View Post
    Anybody ever notice this? Ever since I was in grade school I am used analog time. In analog you see the time. While in digital you read the time. Sometimes the brain is used to seeing the hour and minute hands verse reading digital time. It actually takes less time reading an analog watch than a digital watch for me. Sometimes while I am doing a task I don't even have to move my hand to see the time. I can actually work and see the time all in one motion. This is why diver style watches are cool.
    I notice that also. More now since I've started wearing a Kampschwimmer-style watch (12-3-6-9) with no minute hash marks. My perception of time is more "visual" with that dial.
    Nemo likes this.
    It's 1700hrs somewhere...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wemedge View Post
    I notice that also. More now since I've started wearing a Kampschwimmer-style watch (12-3-6-9) with no minute hash marks. My perception of time is more "visual" with that dial.
    I come from a working man's perceptive. If you get caught seeing the time. You can have your boss tell you why are you looking at the time. I know how things go.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

I don't own a analog G-Shock. Now I want one for my collection. I am a Casio man. They are rock hard. Even the 10 dollar Casio watches that have fog in them still work.

What about those who glance at their watches but does not look at the time? They just want to look at the watch in general? ^_^
    James_, partalos, domoon and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kcohS-G View Post
    What about those who glance at their watches but does not look at the time? They just want to look at the watch in general? ^_^
    This hasn't went down well on some dates I've been on!
    Rocat likes this.

I like having both. ☺
    partalos and Spyvito like this.

I use less time to read a digital panel, and add time to actual to calculate a new time, I think our brain like analog or digital, depending on what you use by default.

Watches: G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400 - Mudmaster GWG-1000
    partalos likes this.
    The best Casio G-Shock is the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Chempop View Post
    If you listen very carefully, you can even smell the time
    one of the reason I've stopped wearing my analogs is because i can hear the time with my G's
    "Beepbeep"
    "Ah, it must be five already, time to pack things and leave"

I type butter on mah phon
    kmbijit likes this.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information