Difference in Manual color for 1294 Module

Thread: Difference in Manual color for 1294 Module

Difference in Manual color for 1294 Module

Hi Everyone,

I just started collecting G-shocks about 3 months ago and have been reading this forum almost everyday. =) Got a lot of info especially about buying from Yahoo Auction Japan.

I recently bought a DW-8200LG-8DR and it came with a brown color manual instead of the blue version which I see in many post. Is this an international manual? The seller says it is NOS but the watch is still with Shopping Mall Japan, so I don't if I got ripped off.

Could you all give me your kind advise?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Difference in Manual color for 1294 Module

Welcome!

In my experience, all blue manuals are Japanese language, and they're typically a different booklet format too (generally thinner). The brown manual is of a style Casio has used in the 80s and 90s, and includes about 3-4 other languages for other markets.

yup, my experience is the same. the japanese manuals i've received are on larger, but thinner paper, and blue (newer) or brown (older). none of the japanese watches i've bought had the booklets like my 'american' g-shocks. just my experience.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies. So this could mean that this seller of mine is probably just piecing some of the stuff together and selling it as NOS right, since the manual is in english? =(

Quote Originally Posted by yuppyice View Post
    Thanks for the replies. So this could mean that this seller of mine is probably just piecing some of the stuff together and selling it as NOS right, since the manual is in english? =(
    Piecing together? It looks like you have a NOS Frogman that has the original international manual. I don't see anything awry here. Hard to tell exactly from the picture, but the watch seems to be in like new condition, which is the most important thing.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    Piecing together? It looks like you have a NOS Frogman that has the original international manual. I don't see anything awry here. Hard to tell exactly from the picture, but the watch seems to be in like new condition, which is the most important thing.
    Thanks Simon, you are right. What is most important is the condition of the watch. I believe it should be well. Hee, gonna get it shipped next week, just in time before Christmas. =)

It's all good. You've got a Frogman watch with the International User Guide version for module 1294, that's all.

BTW, I have Frogmans that came with blue-on-white, brown-on-white and black-on-white manuals in Japanese (sheets of paper, rather than booklet). The booklet you have came with the Frogman models released on International markets., as mentioned in my first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppyice View Post
    Thanks Simon, you are right. What is most important is the condition of the watch. I believe it should be well. Hee, gonna get it shipped next week, just in time before Christmas. =)

It's nice to have a clean, NOS box too which is what you seem to have. Manuals...bleh
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Thread Information