Differences b/w these Two?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike K

Thread: Differences b/w these Two?

Differences b/w these Two?

So I think I finally decided on my work out/beater watch. I was going to spring a few hundred to pick up a fancy g-shock but realize im getting too greedy.

So I narrowed it down to these two because its matte black and looks manageable (size wise). Problem is, I have no idea what the difference is between these two models. Any helps?

Casio Men's DW6900-1V G-Shock Classic Digital Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

Casio Men's G-Shock Military Concept Black Digital Watch #DW6900MS-1CR: Watches: Amazon.com

Re: Differences b/w these Two?

Only difference is screen and bezel color, if you don't mind putting in some effort it is relatively easy to make the 6900-1v look similar, for much less. For a beater the 1v will serve just fine.

This one is my 6900-1v, just a bit of nail polish and reversed the screen polarity
    Name:  2012-08-18 12.54.53.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  119.6 KB
    Last edited by 72950; February 6th, 2014 at 00:19.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

The difference is just the color.

I would prefer the plain 6900 with positive display because of the better readability.
    But thats just me.....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hope OP doesn't mind me stealing his idea. Are all the features exactly the same? THe actual only thing different is the color? Nothing else?

Yes, features are the same.

Cheers, Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by ipodlover77 View Post
    Are all the features exactly the same? THe actual only thing different is the color? Nothing else?
    The only differences are the colors and the difference in price -- and CONCEIVABLY the calendar.

Both models (like quite a few G-Shocks) got an overhaul in 2011 with the new 3230 module with a calendar that goes all the way until 2099. On older 1289 modules the calendar only goes to 2039. Beyond the "calendar expiration date," the features are identical.

The module number appears on the caseback, and MOST of the old 1289 versions have probably already been sold, but there might still be some lurking in warehouses here and there.

It's also important to realize that a LOT of retailers aren't aware of this change, won't know how to tell which module is in the watch unless you explain it to them, and probably haven't bothered to update their webpage(s) to show that their watches have the new module.
    Chrisek likes this.

Thread Information