Digital Dive Bezel

Thread: Digital Dive Bezel

Digital Dive Bezel

I'd like to replicate the dive bezel functionality on my analogue dive watches with a digital watch, preferably on a G-Shock (or perhaps a Sunnto, Pathfinder or similar).

The dive bezel marks a time (either minutes or hours) and will mark the time elapsed or time remaining. It's also easy to change the time you want to mark. Is there a watch that does this digitally?

I know stopwatches and timers do this sort of thing already, but without noting the start time or finish. A dive bezel also displays this information along with the current time.

Any ideas? For reference, I own a Mudman and a GW-5000.

Picture Re: Digital Dive Bezel

Casio Frogman, the watches are designed for divers and have a specific dive timer, which more than replicates the analogue bezel. Look for the older GW-200 series or the new GWF-1000 series, both are ISO 200M

GWF-1000G, two very large Frogs

Some GW-200`s a little smaller than the GWF, and still favoured by many

The Frogman has a steel (GWF) and Titanium (GW) core and is priced accordingly

Q-6
    Last edited by Queen6; March 8th, 2011 at 17:50.

Re: Digital Dive Bezel

Ah, of course! I should have thought to check out the Frogman! Thanks for the advice.

Are there any other Gs that will do similar, but perhaps aren't as big or expensive? (Having bought the GW-5000 it won't be easy shelling out for the Frogman.)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would think that any digital with a stopwatch function and decent water resist rating would be able to do it. All you're really looking for is something that shows time lapse, right?

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I don't dive (I just have a couple of watches with dive bezels), but I use the timing possibilities on these bezels quite a lot.

I'm more likely to use a watch up a mountain than under the sea!

My answer is still pretty much the same. Any casio or g-shock will fit your needs. just about all of them have a stopwatch function. some has two stopwatches. nearly all of them have countdown timers, some are only 60 minutes and the rest are 24 hours.

the bigger question is what is your style of watch?

edit: I looked more carefully at your first post and I see that you have already considered stopwatches and I now understand more what you're specifically looking for. disregard my suggestions

edit 2: the dw6600 has a count up timer that functions differently from the standard countdown timer. You'd might want to give that one a look. I don't know the full capabilities of it, but hopefully someone else here can explain it further.
    Last edited by G-Junkie; March 8th, 2011 at 23:48.

Thanks, but as I said in my OP, even though I have stopwatches and timers in my Mudman and GW-5000, it's still not quite right. If I start a stopwatch, my brain refuses to remember start times. In the same way we have dates on our watches, I need a time memory function.

the mtg910 has a time memory function. press of a button it logs the time of day

edit (yes, again): unfortunately, it doesn't work during stopwatch mode. but it does show the current time while you're using the stopwatch. it's a matter of simple math to know when you started and stopped during your trekking runs. or you can not use the stopwatch and record the time started and record the time you ended. but that seems to take up a bit more math than necessary.
    Last edited by G-Junkie; March 9th, 2011 at 00:00.

Many thanks!

Thread Information