The digital time, date, year is not correct on my Casio g shock ga800
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The digital time, date, year is not correct on my Casio g shock ga800

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The digital time, date, year is not correct on my Casio g shock ga800

Ok so basically abt two weeks ago i lowered my eyes to check the time and i saw that it was completely incorrect. I think the hands showed the correct time but the digital time, date and year( it showed 2015) were not correct. I didn't think much of it so I synced my watch from the scratch. So a week ago, it happened again, now i do not know if it was the trauma it got since i played with heavy pillows wigh my friends or the battery ran out, but i would be glad if anyone helped me.

Re: The digital time, date, year is not correct on my Casio g shock ga800

Sounds like the watch keeps resetting itself to factory settings which is a sign of a faulty module. Casio should be able to do a module swap with a new one. Contact them.

Should i still send it to them even though it has only happened twice in 1 year i've had it? Plus the hands show the correct time and since i synced it last time, it hasn't hapoened again?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    Sounds like the watch keeps resetting itself to factory settings which is a sign of a faulty module. Casio should be able to do a module swap with a new one. Contact them.
    Should i still send it to them even though it has only happened twice in 1 year i've had it? Plus the hands show the correct time and since i synced it last time, it hasn't happened again?

^It depends on how much it bothers you. Having it fixed out-of-warranty may not be worth it as you could buy a new watch for not a whole lot more. All that said, there's also a chance that a battery change might fix the problem, so, that's another option.

When bought new from an authorized dealer, Casios come with a 1-year factory warranty which does NOT include battery replacement, but a bad module would be covered. If you do have a warranty, then it'd be worth your while to contact Casio and let them know of the problem and see what they say.
    Last edited by AirWatch; May 8th, 2019 at 00:12.

^It depends on how much it bothers you. Having it fixed out-of-warranty may not be worth it as you could buy a new watch for not a whole lot more. All that said, there's also a chance that a battery change might fix the problem, so, that's another option.

When bought new from an authorized dealer, Casios come with a 1-year factory warranty which does NOT include battery replacement, but a bad module would be covered. If you do have a warranty, then it'd be worth your while to contact Casio and let them know of the problem and see what they say.
    Don't they come with a 2 year warranty?

Do not know what your deal is man but you gave me a mini heart attack. I thought it had expired but i just checked my warranty manual that cam with the warranty card and it says i have a two year warranty. Maybe you were talking about the US?
    kenls likes this.

In my experience, intermittent problems usually get worse rather than better over time. If you have a valid warranty from an AD, I'd send it in for service. Probably Casio will just replace the module, but maybe they'll give you a replacement watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    In my experience, intermittent problems usually get worse rather than better over time. If you have a valid warranty from an AD, I'd send it in for service. Probably Casio will just replace the module, but maybe they'll give you a replacement watch.
    What do you mean by "replace the module" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermann88 View Post
    What do you mean by "replace the module" ?
    Remove all the electronic "guts" inside the case and replace them with new "guts." In an ana-digi, the module would include the circuit boards, displays and hand motors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information