Digital vs. Analog and Why?

Thread: Digital vs. Analog and Why?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Conceived in New Jersey, living in South Texas

Digital vs. Analog and Why?

I had planned to order a aolar/atomic analog watch but, in researching the low light visability of these models, it seemed the LED feature was not well thought of and the lume on the hands was worse. Pictures I've seen also confirmed that one would have to look for the hands and a simple glance may not reveal the time. So, I ordered the GW9000 instead. I think the lume on this model may provide better low light reading. I hope I'm right. This got me to wondereing, what do you guys prefer, digital or analog, and why?

Also, can anyone tell me what dual illumination means?

Thanks in advance,

Bill

Re: Digital vs. Analog and Why?

There is something beautiful in watching the hands go by on analogs, but if you need precision at a quick glance, there's nothing like digitals.

Dual Illumination refers to the whole face of the watch being illuminated and not the display only. You can find this feature in non-Solar/Atomic Mudmans, and also Gulfmans, I think.

I'll always love a sharp looking analog, but with so many great looking digitals out there, I'm determined to fill a drawer with them. I don't really see any big advantage of digital over analog as far as time keeping goes unless you're looking for stopwatch capability in the thousanths of seconds, in which case digital would be the clear choice.
    Casio AMW320D
    G Shock DW-6900
    G Shock DW-9052
    Green Muddie

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This topic was discussed before...

Basically:

- to quickly read time: digital
    - to quickly "see and estimate" time untill next event? Analog is hard to beat.

Analog looks better and is more accepted as "dressy".
    Digital is unbeatable for timing purposes... stopwatch, countdown timer etc...

Both have pluses and minuses really.

Cheers
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

I like both, and a full analogue G is on my list (GC-2000, MRG-121

I don't have any problem reading the time with these LEDs.

And the lume is actually pretty good. Much better than I was led to believe.

Cheers!

Greg

The lume on my analogue and ani/digi 'G's is actually very good in the short to medium term, it is when they have been in the dark for a longish period that it fades quite a lot. Still readable though but cannot be compared to most Seikos.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post

- to quickly read time: digital
    - to quickly "see and estimate" time untill next event? Analog is hard to beat.

Analog looks better and is more accepted as "dressy".
    Digital is unbeatable for timing purposes... stopwatch, countdown timer etc...

Cheers
    x2!!!
    I like the looks of analog watches, they just look better... although I can't explain why.
    Actually my fave format is analog + digital. IMHO its the cheapest way to get a perpetual calendar... with analog time movement. one of my fave Casios...

As far as G-shocks go, Its hard to find one with a face thats not over-cluttered (IMHO). All the ana-digi G-shocks are too cluttered for my tastes. but then... I dont think I have seen them all though.

I agree with the opinion why not Both.And csasio has solve this dillima.The casio made these watches for them who want ana-digi.

I agree with the opinion why not Both.And casio has solve this dillima.The casio made these watches for them who want ana-digi.

i luv the best of both world. thats why casio decided to create the ana-digi . plus if u like atomic and solar, i got wat i always wanted. i know i say this in every post, but god damn i luv my GW1500A.
    Last edited by mansrow; February 8th, 2008 at 09:38.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information