Discoloration of my G Shock strap and face
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Discoloration of my G Shock strap and face

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Discoloration of my G Shock strap and face

Having only purchased this watch a little over a month ago, I'm so disappointed that discoloration has taken place so quickly.

I've spoken with the company I purchased it from, but they state this wouldn't be covered within the warranty. Anyone know if it's possible to clean it up

Thanks

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337428903.180087.jpg
Views: 2677
Size:  129.4 KB

LUW

Re: Discoloration of my G Shock strap and face

There are some threads proposing a few different solutions for this problem, but that's the problem with white resin . That's the reason I refrain myself from getting a G in white (in fact, that exact same 7900).
    Was it a display watch before you bought it?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

The watch wasn't a display watch, it was perfect when I received it, then it just disclosures over the last 2 weeks, wish I'd known this was a common problem

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I feel the same as LUW. I have a couple of white G's but don't wear them for this reason. A new strap is the only real answer. They should be widely available from Casio for this model and a reasonable price too.

Wash it in soapy water after each wear to help slow this down. Did you wear it under long sleeves? That can be a common cause of this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by psweeting View Post
    I feel the same as LUW. I have a couple of white G's but don't wear them for this reason. A new strap is the only real answer. They should be widely available from Casio for this model and a reasonable price too.

Wash it in soapy water after each wear to help slow this down. Did you wear it under long sleeves? That can be a common cause of this problem.
    Normal wear with short sleeve shirts. Very disappointed to say its only lasted a matter of weeks

Re: Discoloration of my G Shock strap and face

Looks like it is time for the "Tsip85" treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Looks like it is time for the "Tsip85" treatment.
    What's that??

Lol...that's what i was about to say. Send it to me and I'll have it looking like a whole "new" watch. ;)

It's actually odd to see discoloration like that. White picks up dirt easily and will stained, but yours has actually yellowed. Odd to see it in such a short period of time.

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas.
    Super Diver likes this.
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Quote Originally Posted by Tsip85 View Post
    Lol...that's what i was about to say. Send it to me and I'll have it looking like a whole "new" watch. ;)

It's actually odd to see discoloration like that. White picks up dirt easily and will stained, but yours has actually yellowed. Odd to see it in such a short period of time.

Shame I'm based in the UK

The watch I posted a pic of currently resides on the wrist of a member in Northern Ireland. :)

Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information