Display fault question on my DW003

Thread: Display fault question on my DW003

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Display fault question on my DW003

Hi,
    Just fitted a battery to an old pale yellow DW003 thats been dead in a draw for a while now. While reseting the date i noticed that a couple of the sections aren't working (sure they used to) - any way of 'kick starting' them or is that it for the old girl?

Thanks
    Toby

Re: Display fault question on my DW003

Hello,

Did you stick a paperclip from the area near the battery marked AC (all Clear) and short the other end to a part of the module with metal? This resets it

Cheers
    Leon

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Eckell View Post
    Hello,

Did you stick a paperclip from the area near the battery marked AC (all Clear) and short the other end to a part of the module with metal? This resets it

Cheers
    Leon
    I didn't do this first and then read the excellent battery change post in this forum. Done this a few times and not made any difference - perhaps I should try a few more times?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tobyd View Post
    I didn't do this first and then read the excellent battery change post in this forum. Done this a few times and not made any difference - perhaps I should try a few more times?
    Are you doing it for long enough? It didn't work the first time I tried it, but holding the wire (or whatever you're using) in place for several seconds did the trick.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Are you doing it for long enough? It didn't work the first time I tried it, but holding the wire (or whatever you're using) in place for several seconds did the trick.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'll give it a go holding it for longer - any other ways of testing to see if the displays bust?

Toby.
    PS still looking for that 8600 Fisherman bezel.

Quote Originally Posted by tobyd View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'll give it a go holding it for longer - any other ways of testing to see if the displays bust?
    I can't think of any, other than physical damage. One of the more knowledgable members might have ideas, but for now I'd try resetting it again, shorting it for longer, and making sure your wire is properly making contact at both ends.

A photo of the faulty display might help someone diagnose your problem easier too.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Sometimes I have had the same trouble. Take the battery out for a few hours and then try again. Sometimes it's tough to reset the battery though, even though it seems like you're doing the same thing as before, and then - poof - it works!

My thought is that if part of the display goes on, then it will eventually work.

Neil

Can you describe which sections aren't working?

If you wish to test the display, trying pressing the upper-left, lower-left, and lower-right buttons simultaneously. In many G-Shocks, this will temporarily activate all of the portions of the LCD.

TTT

Did the old battery leak?

could you post a picture, I have the same problem too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information