Display on my Gshock Please help
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Display on my Gshock Please help

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Display on my Gshock Please help

Hi everyone I have a ghock which when I went to wear it I notice the display was not working. Does anyone know if this can be fix or even worth looking into fixing.
    The watch is only a year old.

Thanks for any info or help.

Last edited by Flex1493; December 26th, 2013 at 02:30.

Re: Display on my Gshock Please help

That's very strange, has ever it had a battery change? Can you make it look normal by pushing buttons?

Start with a battery change and go from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll second the motion of "could very well be the battery, you should probably start there."

You say that "The watch is only a year old," but it might have been sitting on a shelf somewhere for a while. If you bought it through a "brick and mortar" store, a lot of department stores display their watches so people are essentially buying a "demo" or "floor model," which means a lot of people might have looked at it and pushed the light button a few times each.

G-Shock batteries usually last a LOT longer than just one year.

Some of the GD-100 models in 2012 where faulty units. If you made rapid button pushes involving buttons on the right side at the same time as pushing the lower left one, the watch display would temporarily go bonkers.. Here is a video of the phenomena : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater Requires an FB account to view.

Perhaps yours is one of those faulty ones...
    Flex1493 likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

I Firts thought it may be the Battery But i see the back light is very strong and the numbers dont dim or fade. Yes I agree on it may have been sitting for a while. Now on it being a faulty model. That is new info for me.

Now knowing thats the light on the watch and the numbers dont dim or fade I didnt think it may be the battery. Do you guys still think I should change the BATT?

Or just call it a lost if its a Faulty one?

Quote Originally Posted by Flex1493 View Post
    I Firts thought it may be the Battery But i see the back light is very strong and the numbers dont dim or fade. Yes I agree on it may have been sitting for a while. Now on it being a faulty model. That is new info for me.

Now knowing thats the light on the watch and the numbers dont dim or fade I didnt think it may be the battery. Do you guys still think I should change the BATT?

Or just call it a lost if its a Faulty one?
    Changing the battery and do a AC reset procedure is always the easiest thing to do. So do that first and see if it helps. If not than we know it is faulty. The only other thing I know that can cause this is overheating. Have you exposed it to temps above 60 C for an extended period?
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Changing the battery and do a AC reset procedure is always the easiest thing to do. So do that first and see if it helps. If not than we know it is faulty. The only other thing I know that can cause this is overheating. Have you exposed it to temps above 60 C for an extended period?
    No i have not. I live in NY and its been Just a little cold but normal weather.

Hi guys. Sorry I had been very busy with work. Found my watch sitting on the table. I really like this Gshock. I would like to know if I should just use it for parts. I was just thinking would if be worth trying to find a used one that may have outside damage or no strap and use the module or inside. Don't know what it's called lol

If so what other models would fit inside and would it be worth looking into this.

Thanks for any help and info.

I wouldn't give up on it. Contact Casio USA, and see what they say.

Dave.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information