Do any of YOU think ???

Thread: Do any of YOU think ???

Do any of YOU think ???

That some Atomic Solar G's receive there atomic clock signal BETTER than OTHERS ??
    IMO SOME DO but I only have 3 to compare with and 1 a those I just bought today so it don't count !!!:-S

Re: Do any of YOU think ???

Yes, I do believe that some models are better at receiving signals than others. MY GW-5600 is substantially better at receiving signals than my 4 other G-Shock waveceptors. My other waveceptor watches have to be strategically placed in certain areas, in order to receive a signal. My GW-5600 can be placed pretty much anywhere in my house, and receive a signal.

It is very odd that my only G-Shock to flawlessly receive signals in the US, is my only G-Shock not manufactured for sale in the US.

What, in fact, are the frequencies used for transmitting those Atomic radio data? I know they are different in US/JAP/UK/GER...if I'm not mistaken they're up into the 70'ish Mhz range (in some cases).

The underlying idea is - what kind of simple receiving antenna setup could assist in obtaining better reception, where necessary, in some areas/buildings and/or or some watches???...

What kind of "antenna" do the watches themselves use? Must be very small, and relatively primitive, given the size...

For instance, a "loop" antenna (which is an antenna suitable for medium wave, also called "AM" radio in the US), is a tabletop thing which, so as to function, needs not even be physically connected to the radio set: it is enough to put the radio very close to the antenna, for the antenna to greatly improve reception of the signal, which is transferred to the radio set's ferrite antenna... Just a thought.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yes, some are better than others, i am only talking about sync overnight

easy to receive signal in my experience: MTG910DA, AWG500, GW400, GW5600

hard-er to receive signal: early model GW300 & MTG900, current GW600

it could just be the location where i am at

so your milage may vary

Casio has updated their antenna's over the years so it's only logical to assume that some G's are better than others at receiving the signals.

Quote Originally Posted by petew
    Casio has updated their antenna's over the years so it's only logical to assume that some G's are better than others at receiving the signals.
    I guess I was talking about the NEW models ! I would I think assume they update them now and then !

Thread Information