Do I really need a GW-M5600?

Thread: Do I really need a GW-M5600?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do I really need a GW-M5600?

Hi,

Proud owner of a GW-5600j here but my eye has been wandering to the GW-M5600. Advantages that matter to me are day on the display and the slightly smaller case which may feel better on my 6.5" wrist. Downsides for me are the price and the red border and excessive text on the face. I go back and forth on whether the red border makes it look "cheap" in comparison to the 5600j or whether the red border gives it that extra pizzaz. Also, seems like the GW-5600M has a lot of info on the display. A bit cluttered versus the GW-5600j. Tough to decide without seeing one in person.

I am a one watch kind of person. That is, once I like one I tend to wear it all of the time.

So - what do you think? Seems silly to be asking others about what comes down ultimately to my preference but curious to hear from anyone who has both or maybe one or the other.

Insights appreciated.
    Last edited by dm4gshock; June 21st, 2008 at 07:05.

Re: Do I really need a GW-M5600?

Yes !!!!!!!

same question to the frogman thread except for a few exceptions

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159444

which one do u wanna get, the bracelet or the resin?

i personally like the GWM5600BC atomic 5 and bracelet and also the reverse display.
    simple because its a classical design with all the info and technology i need.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

sml

Quote Originally Posted by dm4gshock View Post
    Proud owner of a GW-5600j here but my eye has been wandering to the GW-M5600. Advantages that matter to me are day on the display and the slightly smaller case which may feel better on my 6.5" wrist. Downsides for me are the price and the red border and excessive text on the face.
    This is the easiest question that I have ever read on WUS!

YES! is the answer.

If you are worried about price, then get the budget price limited edition Glorious Gold GWM5625E-7. There has been a few popping up on eBay for $99.

IMHO the GW5600 has a funny square look and also without the day & date, doesn't excite everyone.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If the day and date together and slightly thinner case are worth $100+ then it's probably worth it. It might be partly the day and date that make the display look cluttered to you though? If the multiband 5 isn't an advantage for you, and you like a clean looking display, I'm not sure it's going to be better for you than the one you've got. I have the GW-M5600 myself, but I like the red border and the writing around the display, and the GW-5600J doesn't get a signal where I live. Good look deciding.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

the red border is a tribute to the 1st ever g-shock. as you learn more about the history of g-shock, it will grow on you

Quote Originally Posted by collector8400 View Post
    the red border is a tribute to the 1st ever g-shock. as you learn more about the history of g-shock, it will grow on you
    This is basically the reason i want to buy an m5600. It has the same look with first g-shock, plus the latest technology inside...I'm not a fan of atomic/solar watches but i'm sure i'll buy this after the summer. I think its a kind of milestone in modern G-Shock history..

Yes.... All of the above. One of each, for each day of the week, or each day of the month. All 56xxs are cool.

Hmmm... Do I need/want another?
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

I have them both, so what could I say? Get it!:

Now seriously: They are different and complementary models. You'll find, in my opinion, a clean and nice display design in the GW5600J; but you find more versatility in the GWM5600's functions. There's history beside both of them: they are succesive steps in Casio's 25 years old updating process of the model that start it all. Both are expression of a timeless classic. That's what I think.

Yes, but GW5600J is quite different from the original..other dial design, more square shaped etc.. I wore this and an m5600 at a local shop and i believe that m5600 has a more classic touch on it.

Rolling eyes Re: Do I really need a GW-M5600?

if you have to ask id say NO!!!
    "Far out, in the uncharted backwaters at the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of a galaxy, lies a small unregarded yellow sun. orbiting this at a distance of roughly 92 million miles
    is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."
    The Hitchhikers Guide

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information