WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Do I wear it?

4K views 58 replies 26 participants last post by  natornate 
#1 ·
#3 ·
It's my first and I cannot wait till it gets here. I almost feel like selling all I already have as I don't think I'll be wearing anything but this once it gets here.

#7 ·
Oh, is that ever good advice! Doing so will put it into your mind that you should/could sell it.

Well said Tribe.

#8 ·
The serious collector always buys two: one for wearing and one to put in the vault! There is another one for sale out there at a price similar to what you paid...

But I'm thinking about getting it. If I do it will be YOUR FAULT for reminding me how much I've been wanting it for the last two years. So you will owe me 500 bucks. Please PayPal it right away. :thanks

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
what else you gonna do with it?:-s leave it in a box on a shelf so you can periodically "amaze your friends" with toys you don't even play with?!?:roll:
if you want to invest for money play the markets. but thats a real [expletive deleted by Moderator] hell take up s.c.u.b.a thats what shes for right?
just my humble opinion on the topic.;-)

#12 ·
I should have no say as I normally buy for collection but not wear. But I noticed that you are so proud of it. You should enjoy it on your wrist everyday. You know, life is short.;-)

#13 ·
I held out as long as I could but I just now bought a Frogman. I think it's a pretty cool one. Once it gets here I'm sure I'll want to wear it primarily. Is that wise, will this watch skyrocket in value and be way less interesting to buyers if I have worn it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350043324988&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=022
Oh wow! Congrats Buddy, I am so jealous. You got a lovely Frog, one that I've admired for a long time but alas, could not afford. Wear in good health :-!

#15 ·
i think when u keep it in a box and lie on your deathbed (like in 100 years from now ;-) you will be deadly sad to not use it for all the great things in life like swimming, skiing, diving, biking, running, camping, cooking, beachvolley, soccer, etc.

there are other watches, also with not too useful or many functions or more fragil to just keep in box, but sure not the frogman.
i dont wear my marlins very often. they are not as tough and useful as g-shock, and look a bit odd in some situations, but i love them and keep them.

#17 ·
i think when u keep it in a box and lie on your deathbed (like in 100 years from now ;-) you will be deadly sad to not use it for all the great things in life like swimming, skiing, diving, biking, running, camping, cooking, beachvolley, soccer, etc.
Exactly. When we die, we can't take watches with us. Oh, maybe be buried with a few of the favorites, but from what I hear, embalming changes a person to the point they become indifferent to all the old interests.

To own a watch and not wear it is to save its pleasures for someone else while denying them for yourself. $579.99 isn't bad for a watch you will wear and enjoy, but it is too much for something that will stay in a display case and worry you that something might happen to it.

#21 ·
What if all of the people that bought Omegas, or Rolexes, or Breitlings, etc. thought... O my gosh, I paid $$$$ for this watch, better not wear it!

Its a G. Made to be worn. Used! Abused!

#24 ·
LoL!!!:-d

#25 ·
sorry for the percieved profanity:oops: but Real Mutha ****in G's is the title of an old NWA song here in the states. i meant it purely as a cultural reference, all apologies

#26 · (Edited)
On the subject of replacement Frogman bezels and bands. I was able to get a 2nd red jelly band but was told Casio no longer supplies the red jelly bezels. Any input on how resilient the bezels are to moderately aggressive wear? Or even better a source for a red jelly Frogman bezel would be wonderful.

I also got a non-jelly bezel/band set to pop on just for a change once in a while.

BTW, my 1st Frogman has yet to ship and I'm having a hard time waiting....o|

The guy I got it from on eBay has one more up for auction which at a higher price and it's his last one. He says I got a good price. I'll reserve judgment on that, just happy I got one. Maybe one day I'll get a Brazilian.

Was I dreaming or was there a Brazilian on eBay a month or two ago that wend for <USD$400? I think I saw it and was going to get it as it was a buy it now price but someone beat me too it and at the time I didn't know how rare they were just that they looked cool.

#27 ·
BTW, my 1st Frogman has yet to ship and I'm having a hard time waiting....o|
Why on earth hasn't your froggie shipped yet? Have you only just paid or paid when you won it?? If you paid quickly, surely payment should have cleared by now?

Also for the price that seller is charging for shipping, it'd better be some kind of Fast (EMS type) shipping with tracking numbers etc...

#28 ·
He's shipping EMS but the auction stated he waits 6 business days for the paypal to "clear". I'm monitoring it closely. Maybe it has something to do with the currency conversion. Always puzzles my why some sellers doubt the buyers and point to their feedback as evidence they aren't swindling you. My feedback is better than his and has more input. Shouldn't I win that argument and he ship it as soon as I pay if he wants to base things on feedback?

Oh well. I'll get it eventually.

#35 ·
He's shipping EMS but the auction stated he waits 6 business days for the paypal to "clear". I'm monitoring it closely. Maybe it has something to do with the currency conversion. Always puzzles my why some sellers doubt the buyers and point to their feedback as evidence they aren't swindling you. My feedback is better than his and has more input. Shouldn't I win that argument and he ship it as soon as I pay if he wants to base things on feedback?

Oh well. I'll get it eventually.
First of all, congrats on you Froggie, and as I say o all new owners, welcome to the Frog Club b-)

Secondly, I do the same thing in regards to international payment. I hold on to the funds for 6 days to make sure they don't disappear.

I once had someone use one person's Ebay and Paypal account fraudulently, sent everything out like a normal transaction and had the fund pulled on Ebay. Because it was International, it was not covered by Ebay nor Paypal, and I bit the bullet. So I give full disclosure that on international transactions there is a 6 day wait before shipping. I hope that at least eases te patience :)

#33 ·
In the sense of changing colour, the light colour one like the white jelly will turn yellow easily. But in terms of deterioration and breaking down into pieces, a G's expert told me that the jelly can last for longer time than the ordinary resin. Don't know whether it is true.:think:

#32 ·
I just dropped my Frog on the flooro|, thankfully it bounced and its fine just a teeny scratch, Now I don't have to worry about scratching it some more. They are meant to be used.

Oh the irony we have these super tough watches and cosset them:-s

I might start wearing my frog naked, the watch that is not me;-). Put a 18mm Nato on it. Anybody done this yet?

Matt

#34 ·
The seller upgraded to FedEx shipment. Tracking number indicates it will be in my hands by 1030ET Thursday 10 Apr. I'll try to get pictures of it on the board sometime after.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.