Do people really pay these prices?

Thread: Do people really pay these prices?

Six weeks ago I purchased a GW-A1000-1AER from a company here in Spain. I paid €uros 390.00 inc delivery by courier and taxes. I have just noticed on the Amazon UK site, that a GW-A1000-1AJF sold by Japon Imports is priced at €uros 1030.00. Surely both watches are the same or am I missing something? The prices quoted on the Amazon UK site for all G Shocks sold via Japon Imports are to say the least outrageous!

Do people really pay these prices for an imported G Shock or am I missing something?

Prices are all over the place lately. Some people are asking 3-4 times what a watch is worth. I think they are just trying to take advantage of people who "want the best" but can't be bothered to do their research and price check. I saw someone in Japan selling a dw-6900 (some obscure limited edition no one has heard of-- a watch probably worth $50-$80) for $2400 !
    Last edited by kung-fusion; November 27th, 2012 at 16:01.

Yes... I do agree... Some out the are juz aiming to grab a quick buck from the real collecters... They buy n keep for awhile till the time is right and sell on ebay for a huge profit....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Do people really pay these prices?

I suspect this idiocy won't last long - these sellers will end up sitting with product that they can't move and start to realize that overinflating the fleabay market is only going to work for a limited time before people wise up. At least I hope so.

It gets worse:

CASIO G-SHOCK DW-6610 [MTV] | eBay

And it's even damaged and has no box. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING!? Only thing I can think is that the seller meant for the price to be in yen, not dollars

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I certainly won't pay 1000€+ and I will certainly not pay 400€ either. After all a G is just a stupid, rugged piece of plastic that tells me the time along with some other goodies. And NO G is worth to me more than 150€ - at max.

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

It all depends on the personal point of view.After all any watch is just a piece of metal,plastic,gold(not rugged) that tells the time(which you can tell by looking at your cell phone) I'd never spend 5-6000 on a watch that can not survive a simple drop on a hard floor,but many people do so
    to each his own.

Thread Information