Do they make a composite band for the GW-5000?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Do they make a composite band for the GW-5000?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do they make a composite band for the GW-5000?

I think the grail watch would be the GW-5000 on a composite band. Do they make a composite band that will properly fit the Gw-5000

Any of you guys have a GW-5000 on a composite? If so, what composite band fits, and what's involved in adding it on?

How is the overall weight? Too heavy or uncomfortable?

Thank you
    Last edited by marcb515; June 23rd, 2012 at 13:40.

I have it one on a composite bracelet from a gwm5600bc. It's as easy as changing out a strap. It does add some weight but I don't take issue to it and I do think it's very comfortable. Seems durable and it has a lot of the smaller adjustments on the buckle so you can get it to a very good fit depending on your preference. Probably the most comfortable bracelet I have. I still think the strap is better because it's easier to loosen or tighten throughout the day. I posted this pic in a similar post but here it is again for comparison.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340458639.338994.jpg
Views: 1821
Size:  102.8 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340458657.231376.jpg
Views: 1857
Size:  116.8 KB
    xevious likes this.

Re: Do they make a composite band for the GW-5000?

The same composite bracelet fits the GW-6900, GWM-5600 and GW-5000.

Here it is on my GW-5000:

It adds very little weight and is very comfortable - much more comfortable for me than the standard resin strap.

The composite bracelet is available here: Casio Watches at Discount Prices | Casio Watches , Casio Watch Straps | Casio G-Shock Watches | Casio Pathfinder Watches |Casio Wave Ceptor Watches|Casio Watch Straps

HTH
    MDPlatts, xevious and BigDuke like this.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Composite all the way - I have one of my GW-5000's on one - and 3 other watches on them too - I also have 2 spare straps for future use but my oldest one still looks perfect. The best watch strap I have - expensive at over £50 currently but worth it.

Thanks guys.

Is the composite the same color? It looks darker in the pic's

Will the spring bars from the resin band fit the composite?

Now all I need to do is decide if I want The GW-5600, GW-M5600, or the GW-M5610.
    Last edited by marcb515; June 23rd, 2012 at 22:26.

Quote Originally Posted by marcb515 View Post
    Thanks guys.

It's black

Quote Originally Posted by marcb515 View Post
    Thanks guys.

I just ordered the composite band.

Will the spring bars from the resin band fit the composite?

Now all I need to do is decide if I want The GW-5600, GW-M5600, or the GW-M5610.
    The color of the band is very close to the color of the bezel. This picture was taken as a color reference - the background is an 18% Grey photo drop cloth:

You can be the judge as to whether the band is a different color from the bezel and if that bothers you.

I have the composite band on my GW-5000, a couple of GWM-5600's and a couple of GW-6900's. I have used the springbars that came with each watch to install the composite bracelet. If I recall correctly, on a couple of them the springbars were a tight fit into the bracelet endlinks, but with a little silicone grease the bars slid in with little trouble. I would much rather have a springbar a little on the tight side than on the loose side - it eliminates any rattle after installation.

Finally, I'd go for the GWM-5610. Why not? Latest Multiband 6 capability and simultaneous Day/Date display. Just my US$0.02.

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

gaijin/HTH,

What does "simultaneous Day/Date display" mean? How is this different than the GW-5000?

Also, will the composite band fit the GW-M5610?

Thank you
    Last edited by marcb515; June 23rd, 2012 at 22:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Fer Guzman View Post
    It's black
    I can see it is black in the pictures, but depending on the gloss/matt type finish, color can be different, and I was just wondering if there is a noticeable difference between the bezel and the composite band.

Does the composite band black finish hold up well, or does it scratch easily?

Thank you

oooo I see. there is a noticeable difference but its because the texture and material of the breacelet is different than the bezel, but I don't think its distracting nor do I think it looks bad. the pictures above by gaijin and myself are pretty representative of what the difference would look like in person. The bracelet will fit the GW-M5600/5610 and in fact the negative display version, GW-M5610BC/GW-M5600BC come with a bracelet. I do think its more scratch resistant than my other bracelets, except for the buckle since it is just stainless steel. (compare the buckle vs the rest of the bracelet in pics above). I have used it for gardening, playing with the dogs, and every day use and it still doesnt have a scratch. My titanium bracelets for other casios get scratched within days.

As to the day/date. The Gw5600J displays either day or date at one time you cannot display both at the same time. The GW-5000 and GW-m5600/GW-m5610 display day and date at the same time. See pic below of gw5600j.

As to which to get, the gw-m5600 and gw-m5610 is pretty much the same thing but the 5610 is an update. For example, the 5610 is multiband 6 and the 5600 is multiband 5. Price is around $150-160 USD for a new one for a positive display and the negatives are more expensive. I have never had a GW5600J but I have read that the digits are easier to read but I can't attest to this and it should be cheaper than the GW-M5600/M5610. The GW-5000 is a screwback which makes it command a price increase and I do feel the display is a bit better than the gwm5600 but its pretty much the same. The drawback of the gw5000 is the price, new it will be at least $400-415 USD including shipping. If you have the cash get the GW-5000 but its not necessary you will be fine with any of the models. The Gw-5000 will also be a little heavier than the rest because the case is all stainless steel.

BOTH PICS ARE FROM A GOOGLE SEARCH SO THEY ARE NOT MINE

5600J: you can toggle between day and date but you cant shown both at the same time

Name:  5600j.jpg
Views: 1949
Size:  87.3 KB

GW-M5600BC which comes with the bracelet, but the display is negative
    Name:  casio-gw-m5600bc-1jf1.jpg
Views: 2406
Size:  106.1 KB
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; June 23rd, 2012 at 23:04.
    Dave I likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information