Do they make one like this?

Thread: Do they make one like this?

Do they make one like this?

I am looking for an Ani/Dig with metal case and strap that is solar atomic with triple sensors. Something like a stainless steel PAW5000-1 or a WVAM490D-2A with altimeter and compass. Does it exist? Since I am already being so picky, I might as well add that I would like it smaller than the 5000 by about 8mm or so.

Sparky2

Re: Do they make one like this?

Sounds like a Tissot Touch.

I have read too many bad stories on reliability to own one.

They have a range of models and I'm 99.99% sure that includes one with a compass & alti/baro. They do look wussier (woops sorry more discrete ! lol) than a PRW-5000T.

Here is a thread from the Tissot forum touching on reliability which you can make your own mind up on https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...83440#poststop

Ever since I got an Avocet altimeter watch about 25 years ago, I have been fascinated with the technology. I did not care for the looks of it, but I wore it anyway for a while.

I have been interested in other watches with altimeters over the years, but I have never cared for the 100% digital look. I have been wearing ani/dig watches exclusively for the last 10 years however. I have searched, but have not found one meeting my requirements as listed above. I was just hoping that Casio had something I was not aware of – either now or in the near future. Perhaps even something only sold in another market such as Japan?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah...the touch of course is not solar. If that was my only problem with it I probably wouldn't let it be a deal breaker though.

Quote Originally Posted by Coler View Post
    Yeah...the touch of course is not solar. If that was my only problem with it I probably wouldn't let it be a deal breaker though.
    Thanks for the info Coler.

I just found the Tissot watches and they look okay to me. The bummer is the lack of radio sync and solar as you mentioned. I will have to weigh that over for a bit before I pull the trigger. The sync is not nearly as important as solar for me.

No prob - and to be fair on the reliability issues, apparently the new release Tissot Touch Expert has addressed that (based on a lot of reviews I read).

I really like the look of that watch...but for what I wanted (ana-digi with ABC function on a bracelet) the PAW-5000T ticked every box for much less wedge.

Good luck with the hunt - let us know if you find anything sweet.

I like the look of the T-Touch series, but keep in mind the crystal is thin in order to be touch-sensitive. That is probably the reason why they are only 30-50M WR. Something to keep in mind if you plan to be active with the watch.

edit: Just saw the Expert ones are rated to 100M. That's more like it.
    Last edited by sl8763; July 6th, 2010 at 00:33.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Thread Information