Do We Need To Care G-Shock That Much?

Thread: Do We Need To Care G-Shock That Much?

Do We Need To Care G-Shock That Much?

I have seen someone keep their G-Shock in foaming cushion case, and want to have the same cases like they have. But I still wondering that: "Do we need to care the G-Shock that much while the watch is designed to withstand in intense environments like scratch, shock, magnetic, water/mud resistance.

What is your opinions when you have some questions like this? I myself don't want to abuse my watches either, but also don't want too much protection for them.

Re: Do We Need To Care G-Shock That Much?

I suppose the main purpose of the display cases is not to protect, but to have your collection organized.

Though I can imagine the fun of keeping your Mudmen in mud-filled jars, Gulfmen in seawater tanks...all pressurized to 20 bar.

I leave the Lungman and Antman to your imagination!

Arno

Wink Re: Do We Need To Care G-Shock That Much?

Hi Asuoab,

I treat them two ways. I have 5 boxes with loose watches that I use for daily wear. When I got anotherone, I usualy throw the one swapped in a box from a distance.

The ones that are my collection items are pet in boxes. Sweat, dirt and other influences might decrease it's lifetime.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by arnof View Post
    I suppose the main purpose of the display cases is not to protect, but to have your collection organized.

Though I can imagine the fun of keeping your Mudmen in mud-filled jars, Gulfmen in seawater tanks...all pressurized to 20 bar.

I leave the Lungman and Antman to your imagination!

Arno
    Ha ha ha... Arno, You made me laugh out loud! What the great humor sense you have!

I imagine a smoker will need a Lungman, and an insectologer will wear an Antman. I just saw a video clip shown a man eat a fresh frog in a Japanese restaurant; he should wear a frogman also!

I like to keep mine collected. Plus, as the watches get older the resin can get more brittle and prone to break, "resin rot," and I like to keep my watches a long time!
    Stuck in landlocked Atlanta.
    My divers:
    Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon White "Mad Cow"
    Doxa Sub750T Caribbean
    Stowa Seatime ProDiver (Black)
    Seikos: 6105, 6309, 7002, 7S26, and 6R15 Divers
    G Shocks: DW5600, DW6100, DW6600, DW9000, G9000 Mudman, G9100 Gulfman, MTG900, GW200 Frogman, GS1000 Giez and a dozen more!

I just like having evrything in one place and the cases are kind of fun. LOL Plus my wife is a neat FREAK!

That said, I got a watch from Nate this weeknd. A G of course. I went to the mailbox and the box was smashed on one corner. LOL... but knowing its a G... I didnt care :) theres not much you can throw at a G thats in a box and in bubble wrap.

By the way, I keep my mudmen in jars of mud... What?? LOL ... Pressurized tanks... thats awesome!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

For me Im a collector, so I put mine in a box to keep them clean and away from damage. If your not a collector then there is really no need to do so. Just put them in boxes like Sjors does.

Quote Originally Posted by michindi View Post
    For me Im a collector, so I put mine in a box to keep them clean and away from damage. If your not a collector then there is really no need to do so. Just put them in boxes like Sjors does.
    I think Sjors is also a remarkable collector; he have over 300 watches. This is an honest question: "What will make me become a collector?"

I keep all of my watches displayed on stands. Organization is nice, but I like being able to see them all without opening a case

My G-Shocks are the ones I would want to protect least. Not because I don't care as much for them, I just have the most faith in their durability.

I know this sounds silly, but I'm like a kid with a cap gun and a cowboy hat. I imagine myself tougher looking just by wearing a G-Shock, so I can't make believe properly and be too delicate with them.

Cool Re: Do We Need To Care G-Shock That Much?

I like taking care of anything I own. Knowing that they can survive punishment (on an off-chance) is a bonus.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Thread Information