Do you intentionally abuse your G-shock?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you intentionally abuse your G-shock?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Do you intentionally abuse your G-shock?

I noticed a lot of people who uses G's like to 'test it to the limit' some drop it from 5feet and anywhere higher, some boil it.

Personally I have intentionally dropped my G-7510 at 5feet and four inches he he

Re: Do you intentionally abuse your G-shock?

Well, I don't make a habit of it, but I did put a G3010 through a full wasing machine cycle, then shot it with an air rifle. I don't much care for G3010's though. A 5ft drop shouldn't hurt one, I think they're designed to survive a 10 metre drop.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

just to show-off to some friends, i threw my new riseman 20ft across a room, it then hit the wall and dropped about 9ft on hard surface.

GW2000B-1A
    GW-9200 'Dragon' Riseman
    DW-5600E-1V
    AWG 101-1A
    Seiko SNZG13K1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yup! tossed my g7600 to the floor about 5 times now, since I got it a week ago. It gets tempting after the 1st "test" hehehe

btw, lex as promised here is a picture of my g7600 sorry about the picture quality :( took it using my cellphone only.

actually this model really looks waaay better in the flesh. somehow the "3 dimensionality" of the watch just doesn't show on pictures ..don't know why.Name:  g7600.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  59.9 KB

My old DW-8700 has been abused on purpose when I was young and stupid. I mean it does say shock resist on it, right? Dropped it off a balcony. Bang it on walls. Work on cars. Now days, I use it at the pool as "treasure" that when I throw it, my daughter has to swim down and get it. And you know what...it still resists shock!

As for the rest in my collection. Now that I buy them with my OWN money, I just trust that Casio wouldn't lie to us about the whole shock resist thing.
    MINE:
    Orsa Military
    PRG-110G

HER'S:
    G5600CC-2
    GLX5600A-3
    Baby-G BG-169A

Quote Originally Posted by CROSS View Post
    btw, lex as promised here is a picture of my g7600 sorry about the picture quality :( took it using my cellphone only.

actually this model really looks waaay better in the flesh. somehow the "3 dimensionality" of the watch just doesn't show on pictures ..don't know why.Name:  g7600.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  59.9 KB
    Other than the display, it shares the bezel and strap of the GW002 which I have, and find amazingly comfortable. I assume the G7600 also has the covering around the case back, which adds to it's comfort.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Sometimes, for a bit of a laugh. But never anything too crazy. I'd hate to damage the crystal.

Never. I've never tested the crumple zones on my car either. I guess I'm just not the adventurous sort.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Nope, it just happens anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Other than the display, it shares the bezel and strap of the GW002 which I have, and find amazingly comfortable. I assume the G7600 also has the covering around the case back, which adds to it's comfort.

yup really comfortable and when worn it actually looks like one of those matt finished glock handguns....not that I like guns though. I just like watches

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information