Do you trust analog watches/clocks?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do you trust analog watches/clocks?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Do you trust analog watches/clocks?

I'm finding that since I've started wearing digital watches, I no longer trust analog. I don't keep any analog clocks in my apartment. I have some analog watches that I sometimes wear, but they sometimes make me uncomfortable because I just can't trust that they have the correct time.

I have had a few cheap analog watches that would stop functioning for short intervals (5 minutes, 30 minutes, etc). This has caused me to lack confidence in ANY analog watch.

I know that a digital watch can malfunction also. But if that were to happen I think it would be much more apparent. It would reset itself and if I looked down and saw a blinking "12:00AM January 1st, 2000" then I would have a good idea that was the wrong time. But at least a digital watch will not "pause" and then kick back in again after a while.
    ShockMister

Re: Do you trust analog watches/clocks?

This is why I think I will love my new AWG100 when it gets here. I will still love my seiko autos, but I will trust the Casio to have the precise time whenever I look at it.

I trust the analogues I own, but you have a fair point about it being more noticeable on a digital if something's gone wrong.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I trust them. So far my experience of reliability has been 100% until it quits working. Also, as there are generally multiple time keeping devices around, I can always compare if there is a question.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

I trust them mostly, but never 100%. even an analog waveceptor watch doesn't make me as confident as a digital one. for instance, I would never use an analog watch when sniping last second ebay auctions.

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

My only analog is the Giez. It's atomic, solar. I trust it. I like watching it come out of sleep mode and rotate right to the exact time (according to my synched mudman or timex trailrunner).

It's funny you say this.

I've thought about the same-thing.

I've noticed on analog watches that the minute hand turns about 15 to 20 seconds before the second hand makes it past the 12 O'clock making it actually about 15 to 20 seconds off every-time.

So, when you glace at the watch for that second it might be making that turn.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; December 27th, 2008 at 21:36.

Just rememebr that the good automatic analog watch will go on and the digital with battery will stop.we like the digi but we need and the analog.
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4751/greeksymbol.jpg

I remember a guy from one of the analog forums coming here a few months ago after his expensive automatic broke when golfing. so automatics do not run forever I have had analogs not work corretly after a battery change I have one analog that I trust and it has not let me down for 6 years and thats a Luminox but in general I think except for an atomic analog most will not be as accurate.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

That's why you go with a solar powered watch.

Right now, I'm wearing my Seiko 5 right now even though there is moisture in it, but it still works.

Maybe you are right in some way.

I would still wear my G-Shock over my Seiko 5 though.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; December 27th, 2008 at 22:47.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information