Does anyone actually use the Frogman for diving?

Thread: Does anyone actually use the Frogman for diving?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does anyone actually use the Frogman for diving?

The Frogman - i don't understand Casio's reasoning behind this watch. Does anyone actually use it as a dive watch? It doesn't have any sensors (depth, temperature, pressure would be useful at the least) and the only thing going for it is the ISO certification. I'm sure most g-shocks would perform just as well at "200M" underwater. Why not skip the costly ISO certification and sell it for a couple hundred bucks by the truckloads, like the other masters of G. It'd pay a 100$ premium for it's original design. If they're gonna make a watch ISO certified, they should pick one that has the most features - like a pathfinder - something that you'd want to be bulletproof. It's a total ripoff - $700 gets you a ISO certified basic watch with a set of features no different than any other $100 g-shock out there.

I'm angry coz it looks awesome and i want one.
    </rant>

Re: Does anyone actually use the Frogman for diving?

my friend use gulfman and Q&Q watch in diving club

No. As a former PADI dive instructor (assistant) I've seem many people dive with G-Shocks (me included), but never a Froggie. You might reasonably expect to see the occasional dive student wear one, but an instructor, divemaster or crew member would be teased unmercifully.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I used my Frogman for diving unintentionally when I fell into a tidepool the other day. Reached a depth of 200... Millimeters, that is...which is the deepest I've gone with it. Like most of my G-shocks, it is mostly used for desk diving.

I do plan to take it surfing this weekend, just so it doesn't feel too under-used.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    I used my Frogman for diving unintentionally when I fell into a tidepool the other day. Reached a depth of 200... Millimeters, that is...which is the deepest I've gone with it.
    I assume it survived?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ View Post
    I assume it survived?
    Oh, believe me, I wasn't worried about the watch. I was worried about my Nikon D300 SLR camera and 70-300mm lens which also got drenched with seawater. Thankfully, the camera equipment survived just fine after wiping down and drying at home. The D300 has some pretty good waterseals. The lens, not so much, but there doesn't appear to be any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    Oh, believe me, I wasn't worried about the watch. I was worried about my Nikon D300 SLR camera and 70-300mm lens which also got drenched with seawater. Thankfully, the camera equipment survived just fine after wiping down and drying at home. The D300 has some pretty good waterseals. The lens, not so much, but there doesn't appear to be any damage.
    Your D300 survived a full submersion? If so - i'm impressed. I have a D90 and while i was caught in the rain with it on many occasions, i never thought it would survive underwater. Maybe Nikon should make a ISO certified diver's DSLR, to keep the Frogman company

To my original point, the Frog is not a real diver's watch, and more of a gimmick that's priced like one. I want non-ISO certified FROGS!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberx View Post
    Your D300 survived a full submersion? If so - i'm impressed. I have a D90 and while i was caught in the rain with it on many occasions, i never thought it would survive underwater. Maybe Nikon should make a ISO certified diver's DSLR, to keep the Frogman company

To my original point, the Frog is not a real diver's watch, and more of a gimmick that's priced like one. I want non-ISO certified FROGS!
    It's hard to tell because it happened so fast, but it was more like a half submersion and for only a second or two. Still, it got wet all over from the inevitable splashing as I tried to get up quickly. As for the Frogman... it's kind of difficult to take a watch seriously when it has a picture of a scuba diving frog in the backlight. Still, I love my Frogs for what they are. If you need a good dive watch, you might as well get one with a real dive computer, just as if you need to know the tides, a Rip Curl Oceansearch will suit you better than a Gulfman, and if you need to know the altitude/barometric pressure, a Suunto will suit you better than a Riseman. But for looks, ruggedness, and reliability, I will go with the G-shock, which is why most of my digital watches are G-shocks.

I don't think they should make a non-ISO certified Frog. The ISO certification is what makes the Frog special. Otherwise, how would it set itself apart from the Gulfman, which is also titanium?

Some of us do dive with our frogs, but not b/c it's a diving instrument.
    Simply b/c I love to dive and I like frogs.
    Once they decided to jack the price up I've decided to boycott until they add the full features of a dive computer. For the same money I can get a decent computer that can prevent me getting bent, and not a fashion piece.
    I'm down to one 200 series frog that I'll hang onto, but I'm out on the 1K series.
    Phins up!
    C.

A Møøse once bit my sister...
    Artego Caribbean, 300M
    Casio (too many G's)
    Dagaz(Zero I),
    Gruppo Gamma MK III Vanguard
    Omega(2254.50 SMP)
    Seiko(1G custom Monster, custom 6309)
    Follow my G-Shock on its' world tour​.... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-...-a-705360.html
    Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Used mine for Diving but the most I used it for was a Jet Skiing Holiday it took a pounding over that two weeks, cleaned up like brand new didn't like the tan line much though lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information